1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

What does it take to get a refund from BladeHQ?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by diamdave, Sep 14, 2020.

1. diamdave

diamdave

Nov 29, 2001
    I bought a knife, unfortunately it wasn't going to work for me. I promptly sent it back, as instructed, in impeccable, new, unused condition in original box and packing. I even sent them Delivery Confirmation that they received it on Sept 4. I've emailed twice, tried calling (forget it) and as of Sept 14th have not seen a refund. I also sell goods, and am aware of COVID and other limitations on operating a business, but I think this is a bit much.

Am I being unreasonable?

Any ideas on how to get my refund? It's not rocket science, but I'm at a loss. Literally.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    buckfynn likes this.
  2. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Not sure how fast refunds from any vender appear back on credit cards, but this may help
    @BladeHQ

3. tyyreaun

tyyreaun

Feb 26, 2017
    It does take them a few business days to process returns - maybe more depending on how busy they are. Note also, I don't think I've been getting return/refund confirmations from them recently - I need to check my account manually to see if the return's been processed.

Check your account, and if it hasn't been processed, try calling them at around 10am Utah time. I haven't called them too often, but was able to get through relatively quickly, when I needed to.

4. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Showed up on a Friday before the long weekend, probably be at least 7-10 business days to see the refund show up.

I wouldn't worry.

5. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Also, to my knowledge, they don't issue refunds but give store credit. I sent a knife back once and seem to remember that being the case.

6. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    If refunds take way too long, I just call the credit card company to start a case. It’s easy enough to cancel if the refund does show up. I’ve never had a refund take more than about 5 business days.

Sonnydaze and jp9mm like this.
  7. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Yeah, the credit card company will take care of it. That's the nuclear option.

bigsurbob likes this.
  8. diamdave

diamdave

Nov 29, 2001
    Good advice from all of you, thank you.

9. Lance Leon

Lance Leon Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2017
    If I'm not wrong, BladeHQ will issue refunds if there's an issue with the knife. I returned a knife for a refund and didn't have any issues, but that was 1 or 2 years ago. I don't recall it being notably slow or fast.

I'm assuming you initiated a return request on the site - that's all I did aside from emailing them.

10. LightningG

LightningG Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I had a similar issue recently. I ordered an Civivi Elementum exclusive (in S35VN) on a Monday morning, but after it was "processing" for 7 days, I decided to cancel the order. I contacted their CS via chat and they said they would refund the money in 3-5 business days. By the 9th business day, they still did not refund my money. I contacted their CS again, via chat, and they said the order cancellation was never processed. They said they would take care of it and refund my money. 3 business days later, the refund appeared on my credit card. This wasn't the first time this happened either. Had a similar issue about a year and a half ago. After several issues over the years, specifically with their order handling and customer service, I will not purchase from them again. Good luck.

buckfynn likes this.
  11. ArchVV

ArchVV Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Yeah I'm done with Bladehq......email correspondence is useless, products mis-labeled, and it appears my CC # was stolen immediately following a declined transaction. Thank you DLT, GP, etc. for keeping your sh!t together!

12. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    YES

13. Winston_Smith

Winston_Smith Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2019
    @diamdave

OP, did your refund show up?

Winston

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020