1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What else do you collect?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by JamesofArc, Jul 2, 2019.

1. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    You're "liking" a post, not about knives, in a thread not about knives, in General Knife Discussion? :D

palonej, TenShun705, 91bravo and 2 others like this.
  2. slyraven

slyraven

Feb 19, 2019
    I used to do funko pops but that got crazy so I stopped.

I love all types of gear, like flashlights, watches

I also love vintage toys, like 80s and 90s.

palonej likes this.
  3. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    I also collect antique pocket watches (late1700's t0 early 20th C) all in GRC even the 1700's ones, also Apollo 11 memborabilia (original period, not recent copies; except for the US Mint Apollo coin). And anything else that strikes my fancy or interest. Flashlights - small powerful LED AA or AAA type (Fenix / Inova), just getting into older flashlights.
    Rich

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  4. kaos 13

kaos 13

Apr 30, 2019
    hobbies motorbikes trikes riding rebuilding/restore customizing
    most outdoor stuff camping hunting hiking it's all fun think most on here enjoy survival and outdoor stuff
    my German shepherd kaos is my most demanding hobby lol eat like a horse makes me go jogging every day all weather and my best friend

Seesteel likes this.
  5. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    It's a hobby of mine.

I am also a radio monitoring enthusiast.

ScooterG and jbmonkey like this.
  6. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    What else do I collect? Bills!!! It would be nice if my knife collection accumulated as fast as my bill collection.

colin.p likes this.
  7. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    ^^^I was just about to say the same thing

TheEdge01 likes this.
  8. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    You aren’t a Spyderco fan are you? Lol!!!

TenShun705 and ScooterG like this.
  9. Jcsixx01

Jcsixx01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Straight razors.

10. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    animals ... lots of yummy tastey animals ... of all sorts ... lawfully taken animals ... by using my gun and knife collections.

11. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Tools, modern hot wheels ,wheat pennies, airguns.

The tools much like knives I really just accumulate them buying more than I need, especially 1/4" drive.
    The wheat pennies I just keep everyone I find no matter what, and the modern hot wheels it's mostly classic American muscle and hot rods but also just anything wacky and fun fantasy castings I think are cool.
    My dad started when I was little and I've continued till now that I'm running low on wall space.

12. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Other than knives and guns? Sheaths and holsters. I throw away all cardboard boxes. Not worth the time or space.

13. Minirehak212

Minirehak212

Apr 1, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    My other money pits.....I mean hobbies are gaming laptops and bass guitars/musical equipment. You thought spending 500 bucks on a single knife was bad, try spending 3,500 on a laptop that only gives you like 15% faster performance over your old one. And the fx pedals....so....many....pedals

NSBFL and Seesteel like this.
  14. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Dayumm Scooter that's an epic wall of awesomeness! I didn't know your collection was that deep.

I too collect boxes in a similar fashion, just not as many.

TenShun705 and ScooterG like this.
  15. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    38 of them might be from Paramilitary 2s :eek:

16. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Knives have taken over as the largest money pit.
    In the past, I was and I guess still am a Colt revolver collector. I like 22 rifles quite a bit and have a number of them. Hunting and Fishing used to be big, but has died down considerably the last two years. Want to get back into fishing again.
    Gardening and landscaping around the house.
    Gadgets, I like tools and gadgets.
    Outdoor Photography.
    Hiking.

Some might say I collect Carhartt pocket tea shirts as I have a lot of them. Wear them all the time.... my "uniform".

17. mpm0097

mpm0097 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I have a decent whisky collection going. Which goes nicely with collecting objects with sharp edges...

TenShun705 likes this.
  18. Legendary_Jarl

Legendary_Jarl

Feb 8, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Minerals!

Recon680, NSBFL, jux t and 2 others like this.
  19. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    U.S. Coins..mainly Colonials.
    Antique Bottles also. Rock hound here as well..mainly gold prospecting.

20. eveled

eveled Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Seems like a good place to mention my large safe collection, my wife’s love of large viscous dogs and my high tech security system.