What is it?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by eveled, Mar 25, 2020.

  1. eveled

    eveled Gold Member Gold Member

    Mar 11, 2016
    Anyone recognize this? B1A4EF53-A114-4784-926E-FA429A769159.jpeg
  2. Charlie_K


    Jul 16, 2012
    I don't recognize what it is, but it looks like some sort of bracket you'd see attached to an outside light. It's far too complicated to be a simple shelf mounting hook.
  3. eveled

    eveled Gold Member Gold Member

    Mar 11, 2016
    I was told it’s a tool. It looks like a piece of wood or a pipe goes into the curved part and the screw presses it into the spike.
  4. Danke42


    Feb 10, 2015
    It does look like it would attach to a wall with the screw at the top. Are there any marks cast in the flat part that's against the table?
    eveled likes this.
  5. eveled

    eveled Gold Member Gold Member

    Mar 11, 2016
    Sorry I don’t have more info. Just the picture. It was presented as a challenge to us at work.
  6. Danke42


    Feb 10, 2015
    Curtain rod holder?
    eveled likes this.
  7. Mongo


    Nov 5, 2001
    Clearly, it's a pornographic sculpture.
    eveled, WValtakis and Danke42 like this.
  8. tiguy7

    tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

    Jun 25, 2008
    It might be a support for a bar's brass rail. image.jpeg
    knarfeng, eveled and 315 like this.
  9. Rupestris

    Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

    Mar 1, 2006
    I was thinking along the same lines but an old bar foot rest mount. Something mounted to the bar with an additional 'leg' that connects to a bracket on the floor.
    eveled likes this.
  10. 315

    315 Gold Member Gold Member

    Dec 2, 2017
    What about a coat rack, where a pole is attached to hang coat hangers on? The big blob thing is for a hat????
    eveled likes this.

Share This Page