What is your favorite watch?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by cpk, Oct 5, 2006.

1. cpk

cpk Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 26, 2002
    Hello everyone, I am looking for some info on some underated and not so well known high end watches in the watch world. Also some safe reliable sites for purchasing watches and watch forums. I currently own a couple of JLC, Omega, O&W and currently searching for a good quality beater. Thanks for info and input.

2. Exiphin

Exiphin

Nov 28, 2005
    suunto, best. Ever. I have had a suunto observer for three years and it has kept better time than either one of my teo omegas or my rolex. Its armored and does everything. buy one.

3. cpk

Jul 26, 2002
    I did almost buy one a couple of years ago. I needed it for it's compass function. I heard that the crystals scratched easily. I ended collecting old compasses and bought an automatic. How are the crystals?

4. SIFU1A

SIFU1A

May 12, 2001
    my 2 favs are a rolex GMT11 master stainless w/a burgundy/black bezel, and a panerai GMT, great watches and a great investment also, i have also had good luck with TAG, lotsa folks dont like them but i have had great luck with my proffesional model, 10 yrs old, only thing ever went wrong was batts.

5. DB1

DB1

Jan 4, 2002
    IWC (currently have a Portuguese ref 5001)

6. cpk

Jul 26, 2002
    Hey Sifu1a I never saw a GMTII with that color bezel, mainly pepi. I saw a Panerai 210 in rose gold this weekend out in Palm Springs. Beautiful piece.

7. bama_lou

bama_lou

Jun 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

I got this Seiko 5 Military model in a trade, replaced my other Seiko 5 (dad's vintage) as an EDC watch. This was what I always wanted- a military style watch. I almost got a Hamilton Khaki but the opportunity came up and traded a knife for it. The Hamilton is also more expensive, but Seiko quality IMO is equal if not better.

The watch is actually darker than it looks in the picture. The 7S26 runs a bit fast, 5 mins. in 2 weeks, expected I suppose.

I am currently saving up for a Rolex Sea Dweller, hopefully within the next 2 years.

8. Ed Gordon

Ed Gordon

Feb 19, 2000
    My favorite-- PAM160

[​IMG]

9. InsuranceGuy

InsuranceGuy

Jul 12, 2006
    Here is my Rolex Sea-Dweller. I wouldn't say it is my favorite watch, just like most of us don't have a favorite watch, but it is up there.

[​IMG]

And here is my Omega Speedmaster. Another front runner.
    [​IMG]

10. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Jan 23, 2006
    You wear that as a beater? :eek:

11. combatready

combatready

Feb 27, 2006
    luminox original dive watch LOVE IT.

12. Racerx2oo3

Racerx2oo3

Aug 22, 2005
    Omega SpeedMaster Day-Date...

Mainly because it's what I own. I would never ordinarily spend that kind of money on a watch, but in this case it was a anniversary present from my company. Keeps excellent time for an automatic.

13. ahgar

ahgar

Jan 4, 2005
    over the years i've had a couple of rolex submariners and an omega and liked them a lot. but, there's always a but, i'm embarassed to say that my g-shocks are more accurate, as far as a mechanical i really like the seiko 5's in a military configuration. pretty basic but they work and work well. and i can rest assured if i get robbed they probably won't bother with my watch. later,ahgar

14. cpk

Jul 26, 2002
    Nice watches guys. Some pretty highend stuff. I really starting to like those Omega Speedmasters. What movement are they using?

15. Emanuel

Emanuel BOUNCED EMAIL: I need to update my email address in my profile!

Dec 14, 2001
    Not very high end compared with some of the watches above, but I'm extremely happy with my Seiko classic diver SKX 007 k2 with jubilee bracelet.

16. sak_collector

sak_collector

Jan 25, 2005
    Guess I gotta go with my new one...a Breitling Super Ocean. Been wanting one for quite some time.

[​IMG]

17. cpk

Jul 26, 2002
    sak collector that is a beautiful picture and watch!

18. cpk

Jul 26, 2002
    By the way those numerals are very different. What do they call that style?

19. Angus McGunnigl

Angus McGunnigl

May 22, 2002
    Tissot T-Touch is what I wear.

20. VampyreWolf

VampyreWolf

Feb 12, 2001
    daily wear is a Ti Skagen, beater duty is a g-100 g-shock.... still looking for another decent watch (aren't we all, always looking?)