What kind of folder do you carry?

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by JustinFournier, Jan 11, 2017.

1. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Thanks!:D

fkctrjt121 and Mike157 like this.
  2. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    You should have seen it before he stated. What a plain Jane slab of titanium

woodysone, fkctrjt121 and Mike157 like this.
  3. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
  4. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Lately, it has been all about the Spyderco Shaman. Either in CPM M4 or CPM Cruwear. :cool:

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

That's a LOT of H-3 in that flashlight! :eek: lol! :p Haven't messed around with Trit tubes for quite awhile, probably almost 10 years. Mine are all still glowing nicely though, but seem to be past their prime for sure. Got into them back in my CandlePower Forums days, back when you could first start ordering the tubes in bulk direct from Asia. Is that still a legal gray area?

.357gus, Fullflat, duramax and 4 others like this.
  5. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    As far as I know, yes...

[​IMG]

Comparable for sure, couple things I like better on the MILK actually. On the Hati, the lockbar pushes right over to full lockup with light pressure whereas the MILK is rock solid. The pocketclip on the MILK handles thick hems way better, slipping on easily and not binding up before bottoming out. Action is glassy smooth on both, with the MILK being a little "crisper" on the break...but I've tuned the MILK so it's not really a fair comparison.

donscpoo, .357gus, Fullflat and 6 others like this.
  6. benchrest308

benchrest308 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I know we are a knife group, but dang that Tain knurling is SO fine. I love my Tain's.

.357gus, Fullflat, fkctrjt121 and 2 others like this.
  7. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Figures... :rolleyes: o_O

.357gus, fkctrjt121 and Mike157 like this.
  8. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

.357gus, Fullflat, duramax and 4 others like this.
  9. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oyster, .357gus, Fullflat and 7 others like this.
  10. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Almost bought a sunfish many times, is it a fun fish?

.357gus, Mike157, fkctrjt121 and 2 others like this.
  11. betzner

Jan 23, 2007
    Yeah, and it's a fucking 99 dollar anchor, lol. But it's cool.............and enormous. For a cheap knife, the action works well. It's an AG Russell, I think they sell for like $125 on their site.

.357gus, Mike157, fonedork and 2 others like this.
  12. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    I’ve always like the simplicity of Lakes. True works of art, one question you don’t really need those specks do you Bob?:rolleyes:

.357gus, Mike157, fonedork and 2 others like this.
  13. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    For an inexpensive beast that is cool, I have always liked my Hossom Retribution 1. With a handle that is 1" wide at its widest point and a weight of 10.2 oz., pocket carry is not really an option. But IMHO, it is a damn good looking knife and functional when used.

That said, the Lochsa will be in my pocket today. :)

_DSC2400.JPG

.357gus, Fullflat, Standard78 and 3 others like this.
  14. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    It is kinda neat how they stuffed that wide blade in that handle, there is some interesting stuff going on with the lockbar pivot pin;)

Nice Lake design tail lock too, Bob:D

betzner, .357gus, Mike157 and 2 others like this.
  15. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    What if I've got 4 on me today?

Mike157 likes this.
  16. betzner

Jan 23, 2007
    Lake had a few hundred of those made in China by Paul Chen, almost 20 years ago. Lake actually supervised their manufacture, all of which were handmade. Half were sold quickly, then Don Guild bought up the remaining number. Later, a very well-known collector I know in southern Cal. bought what remained. I was able to tap into 10 of his about 4 years back. I gave away most of them as gifts, sold a few and kept a couple. They truly are outstanding little pieces, all for nothing more than loose change........

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    .357gus, Mike157, on_the_edge and 3 others like this.
  17. betzner

Jan 23, 2007
    Timmy, "titswgas"...........

Mike157 likes this.
  18. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    I've got some loose change, want to trade?:confused:

Mike157, WValtakis and betzner like this.
  19. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    always wanted the full size ontario, but I got the mini one and I love it, even though it's not really a practical knife for what I'm usually up to

20. blanex1

blanex1

Feb 11, 2015
    just received a new Inkosi/ plane/large that has kicked my 21 out of pocket for now! the quality of this new knife is truly amazing, pic's soon to come.

.357gus and Mike157 like this.