What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Nathan the Machinist, Jul 9, 2016.

1. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Ti anodizing, and mods Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    This was my only problem with (and why I sold) my potato knife...I couldn't split a potato straight lengthwise with it. I mainly cube my potatoes about 3/4" on a side and it just took too much concentration for the initial split. I'm LOVING this crazy thin D2 Aftermath for potatoes...wink wink nudge nudge. (0.120" at the spine, 1.275" tall at the widest and pretty much zero ground through the belly).

[​IMG]

Mike157, Fullflat, Odog27 and 2 others like this.
  2. Revolverrodger

Revolverrodger

Jul 23, 2007
    I would like to see a knife with the edc handle but 3.5 inch blade

Mike157, azwelke, Fullflat and 3 others like this.
  3. pbubsy

pbubsy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 27, 2006
    Bolo!!!!!!

MR HAPPY, Fullflat and Odog27 like this.
  4. FatRat1

FatRat1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2018
    a knife that can be ordered and paid for,then received in a timely manner!

Been trying since day 1 for a fk2,no luck.tried a proxy,no show.Lots of frustration.Then members offering theres at a substantial profit... so back to first line!

5. unwisefool

unwisefool Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2007
    There are preorders for most knives I believe

jus_gus, Fullflat, Mike157 and 3 others like this.
  6. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 4, 2016
    The irony in this is staggering. CPK are one of the more available, high end brands out there.

jus_gus, JJ_Colt45, Fullflat and 4 others like this.
  7. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    " A Timely Matter" is accomplished on Friday sales, knives are ordered on Friday and then sent out the following week. If you cannot obtain a knife on the weekly sales, Then CPK usually offers Pre-orders! During "A Pre-order" you order your knife, Pay upfront and then wait until they are ready to ship!

CPK DOES NOT Mass Produce knives-They are a small Business that has a total Workforce of 4 Individuals! Good Luck

EDIT: Don't know how many UFK or FK2's Nathan has offered thus far (200 or so?) He is going to make well over a thousand I Believe:thumbsup:

jus_gus, Fullflat, vkp78 and 2 others like this.
  8. Odog27

Odog27 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 20, 2011
    50 for sale this Friday!

9. khukoo head

khukoo head Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I’d like to see more of that big damn dagger we got teased with...so glad I totally called dibs on that one!

vkp78, azwelke, jus_gus and 5 others like this.
  10. SwarthyGnome

SwarthyGnome Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Check out CPK Instagram!

11. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    This is actually a very true statement ... sometimes I wonder how they get out as many knives as they do with the small crew ... and ALL are top notch ...

can be hard to get in on Fridays as it's now common knowledge how damn good CPKs knives are ... but they are worth the wait ... and Nathan and the team try to produce enough of each model everyone that wants one can get one ... it may be through a preorder but they do all they possibly can.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Fullflat, woodysone, azwelke and 4 others like this.
  12. MR HAPPY

MR HAPPY Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2017

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  13. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Ti anodizing, and mods Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Like a "Light" Behemoth Chopper...interesting;)

MR HAPPY, Fullflat, woodysone and 2 others like this.
  14. MR HAPPY

MR HAPPY Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2017

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    woodysone and jus_gus like this.
  15. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I know my response is a few weeks too late.

That said, I had very little trouble tracking down an FK2. I put out a WTB post, per another member's suggestion, and within a day or two, I had multiple members reach out to me with offers. A couple of them offered me the knife at their cost and another wanted a bit extra. Honestly, I would have probably paid the extra had I not received the other offers, I think the knives are worth it. Though in the latter case, I certainly would prefer the extra go to CPK...

To quote the famous Deckard Cain (showing my inner nerd), "Stay awhile and listen". Build relationships, contribute to the forums here, exercise patience, and the knives will come.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  16. Keoneloa

Keoneloa Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2016
    DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1 DEK1
    ETC
    PLS
    8)

twyych, Standard78 and Odog27 like this.
  17. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    [​IMG]
    This Please

Organic556, azwelke, evltcat and 2 others like this.
  18. Organic556

Organic556 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2015
    A CPK styled wakizashi and or a 4.5 to 5 inch dagger .

vkp78, Cro, Mike157 and 2 others like this.
  19. never.truly.lost

never.truly.lost

Dec 13, 2015
    A lightweight/backpack setup like the Benchmade Altitude in something slicey for steel. Nice and thin as well for complete game work for backcountry/mountain use.
    Thin scales as well for a general pinch grip or index finger forward grip.

Freespoolin, Odog27 and trevitrace like this.
  20. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Dreams are made of this: stainless steel option on either the EDC or upcoming DEK.

twyych and Odog27 like this.