What multitool or SAK did you buy today

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Welshie12, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Welshie12

Welshie12

Jan 15, 2020
    I noticed there's some threads in the other sections about what you have bought/begged/borrowed/stolen recently but I can't find any in this section?
    I'll go first I just got a jelly red manager delivered. Was a good deal on Amazon when I was ordering a baby bath seat and had to have something to make up enough money for free shipping. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :thumbsup::D:cool:

paulhilborn and jmh33 like this.
  2. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    It wasn’t technically today, they arrived yesterday in the mail for my daughters that love Bigfoot.

[​IMG]

jacksterp, Tigerden, jmh33 and 2 others like this.
  3. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Wow I may need a Bigfoot SAK in my life.

Welshie12 and 315 like this.
  4. sv4

sv4

Feb 13, 2014
    Well, it's not exactly a SAK or multitool (though Victorinox does list "4 Functions" :D) nor bought today, but my latest Vic is the Hunter Pro M Alox in OHO Silver :

[​IMG]

5. Harry Callahan

Harry Callahan Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Bought a Charge TTI+ off the forum exchange today. Been patrolling for one since the “plus” variant came out but hadn’t ran into the right deal. Until today.

jmh33 likes this.
  6. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg I bought a 4" Titanium adjustable crescent wrench to complement my custom 91mm Ti SAK with swinging tool drawer.

7. Welshie12

Welshie12

Jan 15, 2020
    I like that a lot :cool: I sometimes carry a 6 inch bahco adjustable that's quite light but that must be like a feather.
    Tool drawer is very cool too :thumbsup:

8. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Thanks, the guy who makes the drawer knives seems to be having a tough time cranking out product. His stuff is hard to find.

Welshie12 likes this.
  9. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Took a chance on a "Pioneer" that was on Evil Bay - got a Pioneer X in like-new condition for 25 bucks. Nice surprise.

jmh33, Welshie12 and 315 like this.
  10. irons

irons

Oct 19, 2018
    Ordered 2 today. An Evolution 11 with the black rubber grip, wanted to try one to see what the Evolutions are like. And a Trailmaster.

redsparrow, 315, jmh33 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ctarant

Ctarant Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Ordered 2 - a SwissChamp XLT and a Cybertool 34 on their way! Can wait to see how these big tool sets function in "real life" situations.

Knifenorway and Welshie12 like this.
  12. Welshie12

Welshie12

Jan 15, 2020
    Excellent choices! Never seen either of those up close please report back when you have them I'd be very interested to hear what you think :thumbsup:

13. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Ordered a Compact mod from Mikes mods in Australia. 2 layer knife with scissors, main blade, combi-tool, and awl. No hook!!! Titanium scales and liners. Can't wait to get it. Will let you all see pics and my overall opinion on this 91mm knife.

Trivette100, Welshie12 and redsparrow like this.
  14. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I'm pretty well "SAK'd up" at the moment. The last two sak/multi-tools I purchased was a new Small Tinker to serve as a back up to my regular carry (if I loose it), and the SOG PowerPint pliers based multi-tool to keep with me on photography forays. But I'm considering minichamp or something along that line. I want to try out a small 3 layer sak and the best place to look at all the models is the big knife store in Sevierville TN.

jmh33 and Welshie12 like this.
  15. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    I received my Leatherman Free K4 yesterday.
    It's thicker than I thought it would be, but not so heavy...lighter than my Wave.
    I love the blade shape and the length is just right.
    And it locks up nice and tight, as do all the other tools (scissors, cross tip driver, awl/fine tip screwdriver, large flat tip driver/pry bar).
    The thick handle fills the hand very much like a Buck 112 does.

Welshie12 likes this.
  16. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Ordered a Vic Bantam today..:D
    John

Trivette100 and Welshie12 like this.
  17. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    That store is AMAZING!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: And its a good thing I don't live close by...:eek:
    John

18. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Picked up a SwissBuck that landed today.

[​IMG]

jacksterp, Lee D, redsparrow and 3 others like this.
  19. Welshie12

Welshie12

Jan 15, 2020
    I only read about those a few days ago on sak wiki never heard of them before. Cool knife I like the look of it the blade especially :cool::thumbsup:

315 likes this.
  20. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    I don’t think the knife was ever used. I remember seeing them when they were being produced and actually thought once about grabbing one, but never did. The blade is extremely sharp. I’m guessing from the factory. I really like the quality of Victorinox, but thought I should have a Wenger in the collection somewhere. This one intrigued me enough to just grab it.

Lee D and Welshie12 like this.