What multitool or SAK did you buy today

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Welshie12, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Trivette100

Trivette100 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2019
    Today a plain red Bantam came in the mail.

redbantam.jpg
    I like to carry my smaller knives loose in a pocket, so i filed off the key ring tab. (A remnant of it is on the left next to the tweezers compartment.) I may replace the red scales with green or white scales, or maybe not.

2. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I’ve done the same on a couple and would actually like to do it on a few more. I’ve found over the years the little tab destroys the inside of my pockets.

Trivette100 likes this.
  3. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

4. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    I lost a classic I had on my keys, so I decided to try something new and ordered an Alox Minichamp.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    jmh33 and Welshie12 like this.
  5. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    And I ordered a Compact today, so there’s that lol

Trivette100, redsparrow, 315 and 2 others like this.
  6. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    I picked up a cheap Tourist advertising knife and a Rambler, specifically for the little cap lifter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JaxBaron, Trivette100, Lee D and 4 others like this.
  7. ScottK

ScottK Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 1999
    Been looking for a white scale 111mm for a while, got this one from the big auction site from a seller in Russia.
    IMG_1354_edited.jpg

8. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Several Cellidors arrived the last few days so thought I'd post them together.

First a vintage 91mm Fisherman, it has the old awl, square phillips with file, silver head tweezer as well as single spring scissors with clip pen blade and bail:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also a couple of 84mm small Tinkers, one with shield on the pile side, then the other is a bit older (no tools) with the old awl and clip pen blade as well as the slotted phillips or sometimes referred to as the tin can phillips? due to the slot partially down the center.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The can opener tip was damaged so I re-profiled it so the edge wasn't jagged:)
    [​IMG]
    You can see the light through the slotted phillips
    [​IMG]
    Then a 84mm cellidor Electrician. I like this one, nice and thin and basic tools, Spear, Sheepfoot and Phillips:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Others arrived as well but was only able to post these right now:)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    jacksterp, JaxBaron, Lee D and 5 others like this.
  9. Welshie12

Welshie12

Jan 15, 2020
    Now that is a great haul! :thumbsup::cool:
    The white in the previous post is cool too I didn't know they ever made white ones.

paulhilborn likes this.
  10. Trivette100

Aug 4, 2019
    My Vic Money Clip came today. It has the same tools as a Classic, but they are larger and therefore more useful. It makes a good EDC. Since I need a cap lifter but not scissors, the Rally pairs well with the Money Clip without too much redundancy.

cliprally.jpg

JaxBaron, Welshie12, Lee D and 4 others like this.
  11. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Cool finds Paul! Got a couple of rare ones there.

paulhilborn likes this.
  12. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks James, I mentioned this several posts back but I see my knife carry and even the hobby evolving for me (again), which has happened a bunch over several decades but I find myself looking ahead to a time in the near future where purging on massive downsizing is on the horizon. I've had this conversation with others here as well. It's actually something I welcome and look forward to. BUT before I do;) I thought I'd sneak in a few old SAKS I had missed out on over the years:D

This recent resurgence was brought on thinking back to when I first laid eye's on an old red cellidor Swiss Army Knife. I know I was 13 or 14 yo and remember thinking this thing was amazing!!! I bought my "first ever" SAK at an Eddie Bauer store in the Fosay Tower in Minneapolis after seeing my buddy's while in his dads old Chevy pickup we called the "War Horse":) after that, the search was on:thumbsup:

Trivette100, Welshie12 and 315 like this.
  13. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Sounds like... going back to your roots Paul, or maybe just once again realizing the value of a SAK, especially the one in your pocket.:cool: For me SAKS have slowly (over time) become the lion share of my collection and I have been carrying at least one every day for several years.
    I may be just a bit jealous of your downsizing plan.:eek: I've thought about downsizing several times but when it comes to implementing it doesn't happen. :) Best wishes as you continue on in the evolution of the hobby.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Trivette100 and 315 like this.
  14. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    I carried a small Tinker religiously for many years. I may not carry one on me everyday, but there’s one in my backpack for work, all of my vehicles and in my boat. If I’m in the woods hunting or hiking there’s always one in my pack or pocket. My only regret is I didn’t try to do some research and pick up some of the really vintage SAK’s when they were more readily available.

15. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    I'm with you on all points there my friend. I've ALWAYS carried a SAK. I may post other carries but there's been a SAK with me as a constant for years. I too wish I would've acted on the vintage ones before the rise in market prices. I set a price in my head that sounds reasonable (to me) then if I get it, so be it, if not, that's ok as well:thumbsup:

Those cellidor's listed above didn't arrive in the condition they're in now, but I enjoy the restoration process as it makes the knife mine;):) the blades on some are heavily scratched but the glare hides that in the pictures:thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Welshie12, 315 and redsparrow like this.
  16. FSCJedi

FSCJedi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 19, 2002
    Just got this one in the mail today. German Army Knife from ‘85 or ‘86 made by Victorinox. It’s the “GAK2” that I’m being told because it’s got the nail file on the saw blade. I got lucky that this one still had its sheath and saw guard.
    DF8F6A6A-C357-41AD-B76D-A7FD5C4CCAE7.jpeg

jmh33, Welshie12, redsparrow and 2 others like this.
  17. paulhilborn

Mar 22, 2006
    The L.L. Bean Wenger Sportsman lockblade and all black ALOX Electeician came today.
    [​IMG]

Trivette100, jmh33, Welshie12 and 2 others like this.
  18. Trivette100

Aug 4, 2019
    I have a Squirt PS4, but I never used the scissors. I was more comfortable with my old Squirt P4, which seems better built somehow, but it is a scratched, scarred, beat-up mess. I found this like-new beauty on ebay for a very reasonable price. It came in the mail yesterday, but I couldn't take a picture of it until today.

squirt.jpg

jmh33, Welshie12 and paulhilborn like this.
  19. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Just dropped a dime on a MiniChamp..;)
    John

Welshie12 and 315 like this.
  20. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Not a new SAK, but did find a neat little corkscrew mounted firesteel and tinder that seems fun. Same guys that did the toothpick firesteel. Seems they are pretty good about what they can accomplish.

Trivette100, Welshie12 and jmh33 like this.