1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What SAK are you carrying around?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by edmundo.gurza, Jul 9, 2013.

1. edmundo.gurza

edmundo.gurza

May 15, 2013
    Recently watching "Cast Away" made me carry my good old Spartan.. What are you carrying around today?

2. jwren

jwren

Oct 6, 2012
    Trying out a Recruit - so far so good!

3. creekside

creekside

Apr 15, 2012
    A Camper, which recently replaced a Hiker in my pocket everyday.

4. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Just finished a week in Oregon with a Vic camper as my only knife. Didn't need it much. Last year I carried a Vic recruit for a week in Key West. Both knives were the only knife I had for that week, and did a lot of lime slicing for drinks, some kitchen duty, some hot dog stick whittling for the kids. Of course, everything you buy nowadays is cocooned in plastic blister packaging, so a sharp knife is handy.

Now I'm back in Maryland, and my keyring is back on my belt with it's ever present classic in the leather pouch. It gets used for lots of things, from opening mail to fixing things that need unscrewing of small phillips screws. The scissors are handy as well. The classic is teamed up with either my Sardinian resolza or GEC number 15.

Interestingly enough, daughter Jessica had her little classic on our trip to Oregon, and the tweezers came in handy to get a little splinter out of granddaughter Briana's finger. She opened quite a few snacks for the kids on the trip with that classic.

Carl.

5. Getahl

Getahl

Dec 22, 2007
    I'm in Key West as we speak, on vacation from California. I only brought carry on, so no blade. I did bring a pair of scissors,a though. We made a side trip to Target on the way down from Miami, so I picked a Camper up for kicks. I really haven't used the tools much at all. I have used the blade quite a bit, opening various food stuffs, and for other odds and ends. The knives supplied with the rental are duller than me on a Saturday night. Also used the awl to open up some baby medicine. May have to employ the cap lifter between now and Saturday.

6. J.Bouldin

J.Bouldin

Nov 8, 2012
    Just gave my classic to a buddy so I am working with the tinker today.

7. mtangent

mtangent

Dec 6, 2011
    I carry a Trekker nearly everywhere. I put a lot of thought into which tools I do & don't use, so as not to lug around extra weight.

8. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Only SAK I regularly carry is a red Classic SD in my little Altoids-tin first aid kit. I have a Rambler which I haven't yet carried and an Alox Electrician which I've carried a couple of times. The Electrician is a bit bigger than I had expected but I may take it with me on a trip tomorrow (in checked luggage) since it's capable overall and would be my only knife while I'm gone for a couple of weeks.

9. longun

longun Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2012
    I carry a Small Tinker. Used the main blade and the phillips screw driver today. Home from work now and think I might use the can opener. I use it to poke a breather hole in a beer can. Flows really nicely after that! There is seldom a day that the tinker doesn't get used in some way.

10. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hi Edmundo -

I have come to love, and always carry, a Victorinox Waiter.

It has a nice spear point blade (sharpened down to a wharncliffe on mine now...), a cap lifter, can opener/screwdriver combo, a corkscrew, tweezers and a toothpick.

You never know when you will need to open a bottle of wine, or beer.....

It is just a handy size and has the right tools for my needs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

best

mqqn

11. edmundo.gurza

edmundo.gurza

May 15, 2013
    Great tool. How long have you had this one?!

12. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I have carried that knife every day for approximately 14 years, except for days when I am flying, then it travels in my suitcase.

best

mqqn

13. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    My primary SAK is a Manager, as for me its about the right combination and teeny + utility. I love the scissor, pen, cap lifter, mini phillips and tweezer in a package that small. But I often carry instead a Classic SD, Executive, Compact or Explorer Plus.

[​IMG]
    Victorinox Manager.

14. Kwon Kwang

Kwon Kwang

Jul 7, 2013
    [​IMG]

My beloved SwissChamp, of course. Reminds me every time I look at it that I am engaged to a very special lady. I feel no need to carry similar multitools anymore. This is just the ultimate for me. I'll only carry another MT when this is being sent to Victorinox for maintenance. I'm never going anywhere without it, and I'm going to buy a nice leather sheath for it soon.

15. jazub

jazub Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2010
    My favorite Victorinox SAK model is the Climber. I have a few in different colors but this particular one is the most carried and has been in my pocket more than any other knife I own. It just received a major, and much needed, mineral oil bath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a great pocket knife! :D

16. sir_mike

sir_mike

Jul 5, 2011
    I have a sak Rambler on my keys at all times and I also carry the sak Explorer Plus on a P-7 clip for better shorts carry! :D

When I wear jeans, I will either carry the Explorer Plus or Swisschamp, also on a P-7 clip! :D

17. bro.bobby70

bro.bobby70

Jun 17, 2013
    black classic always, today also a tinker tomorrow-- new purple day packer that arrive in mail.

18. wouldestous

wouldestous

Jul 8, 2012
    dont often carry it but a tinker is on the console in my work vehicle.

19. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    This one sees regular time in my back pocket. Great knife. Pairs up well with the 55.

[​IMG]

20. Relayer

Relayer

Feb 21, 2002
    I carry my only SAK, a Cadet, when I'm wearing pants that are lightweight or have little pocket room. Today was one of those days.