1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What SAK are you carrying around?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by edmundo.gurza, Jul 9, 2013.

1. jc57

jc57

Nov 28, 2012
    I'll be carrying an Alox Victorinox Electrician for a while. I'm on a business trip and tossed it into my checked luggage, figuring it was a good all around carry, not worth stealing, and not very expensive if it got lifted from my luggage.

I didn't have a chance to sharpen it before I left but the factory edge is pretty darn good on both blades, so it should work for the trip.

2. Woodrow F Call

Woodrow F Call

Jan 3, 2013
    Always have a black Vic Classic, and often I carry a Black Farmer.

[​IMG]

3. Doug Add

Doug Add

Jan 9, 2012
    Classic or Signature Lite on my keychain (depending on which vehicle I am driving).

Climber in my bookbag, which goes nearly everywhere I go.

4. Sulaco

Sulaco Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2003
    I have a Rambler on my keychain (which is always in my pocket) and a SwissTool on my belt. I have SAKs stashed everywhere and use them often.

5. underdog406

underdog406

Aug 28, 2012
    Pioneer w/ one hand open Sentinel normally, black Spartan w/ Sentinel when a slimmer fit is needed.

6. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    I guess no matter what else I have on me, I can't leave the house without my keys, and the classic attached to them.

[​IMG]

7. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
  8. Pokerface

Pokerface Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2011
    I've been carrying a #15 GEC TC Barlow so that my pants don't fall off my waist when I also carry my SAK...I love carrying the Alox Pioneer or the Nylon Climber II. Today, it was the Pioneer in the front left and the little Barlow in the rear right.

9. festerfromnzed

festerfromnzed

Aug 18, 2008
    The one on the left?? i dont know what model it is but its quite a large locking knife (sliding button on side)..Its on my car keys..I must say i probably use the bottle opener the most...Its a nice knife....FES

[​IMG]

10. Daddyo16

Daddyo16

Jan 12, 2012
    Today, blue Tinker in the pocket and a Super Tinker riding in my laptop bag.

Oh, and I almost forgot about the Classic SD on my keyring.

11. jeffwithaj

jeffwithaj

Nov 27, 2012
    Primarily a Super Tinker

[​IMG]

And occasionally the OHT

[​IMG]

12. KuRUpTD

KuRUpTD

Aug 5, 2008
    Vic Forester.

13. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    That would be the Adventurer. My favorite. The side locking button really makes it easy to close the knife and it has never failed me. It can be done one handed. The Adventurer is a SAK that doesn't get a lot of respect. Essentially it's a big Tinker.

Seems like a handful on a key chain (with keys). I have heard that heavy weights gradually wear out the ignition switch?

14. ChefRichie

ChefRichie

Jul 3, 2013
    I alternate...Vic Climber, Alox Pioneer. wood handle Spartan, Tinker, One handed Trekker, Wenger Tool Chest Plus, Gerber LST ultralight, Gerber multi tool, and believe it or not, an Opinel No. 8, being one the finest blades on the market at a low price.

15. cpurcell

cpurcell

May 9, 2012
    I carry a silver alox farmer (love the selection of tools and nothing I don't need regularly), in my left front pocket. It's my sheeple friendly knife.
    I normally EDC a BK11/14 on my belt, have a svord peasant knife in my right front pocket, the SAK farmer in my left front pocket, a leatherman charge on my maxpedition jumbo edc, and I have a skyline and a roach belly in the maxpedition.
    I used to have a leatherman squirt on my keychain as well, until the last time I flew and forgot to take it off. All hail the TSA. They took my squirt due to the 'dangerous' blade on it, but I got to keep the 7" steel barrel ink pen I carry, because that's not dangerous at all. :)

Chris
    Pack light and stay sharp folks.

16. hunterjrg

hunterjrg

Feb 4, 2012
    This is the only SAK I have. It never gets pocket time but its always handy to have around. It's been lost in the rafters in the up north place for a year - lost in gear bags for months and still manages a place in my pack.

[​IMG]

17. Rsmith_77

Rsmith_77

Jun 4, 2010
    i bet that bad boy is easy to lose in the woods ;)
    cool looking though, very cool looking :D

18. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    That is a cool camo pattern; real tree? I have a camo One Handed Trekker. At the time it was the only "color" that was available with a plain edge. I have since picked up a black handled one.

That camo knife would be really really easy to loose in the outdoors. Just sitting the knife down on a log or the ground and look away and you might have lost it.

19. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    I have been giving this Rucksack some belt time in an old Chicago Cutlery leather sheath. Its a slide lock with a great saw blade and a full complement of tools. These big vics really cut well with the big handle purchase and that long thin blade.

[​IMG]

20. stvpourciau

stvpourciau

Dec 20, 2012
    Black camper