1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Found it on eBay, a mistake on the sellers part led me to believe I was getting more than one but I like the knife and payed a reasonable price so I decided not to request a refund.

It's a Sabre USA , My guess is Schrade as it looks just like their 708 but Camillus may be a good suspect as well.

2. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Love the covers on that one :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A great knife :thumbsup:. I just picked one of those up. The dye job isn't as dark as I'd hoped for. Maybe I'll try darkening it.

[​IMG]Bonestag Trapper by D P, on Flickr

3. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Yes, that is the problem with those Case knifes. The color and texture of the handles varies a lot! Shops usually use stock pictures of a particularly nice specimen (obviously) and you never know what you get. I ended up stalking ebay for several weeks because some of the sellers show pictures of the actual knife. There was one who seems to specialize on particularly nice handles, probably hand-picked. I ended up paying a few dollars over the standard Amazon price but that was totally worth it!

cigarrodog, Fodderwing and Pinemoon like this.
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    One nice thing about Case is that there are so many dealers. Hardware stores, farm and ranch stores, gun stores, etc. Some have large displays. I usually get to examine before I buy. Of course, some places only carry a few, but you can locate the gold and platinum dealers online. I have ordered a couple of Case knives online and they were fine.

5. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks GT, red & black do look right together. The Pioneer is Vic's annual color for 2018, quite unique and growing on me more each day. Hope you are having good Sunday.

6. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Old Hunter, sunknife, ISKRA and 24 others like this.
  7. salty141

salty141 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2007
    47F29058-1F9A-4547-BF75-492BF5134E0A.jpeg

8. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    20190623_131418.jpg

9. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    IMG_0893 (1).JPG

10. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Very nice, Gev! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup: to your EDF (everyday foursome).

11. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    I'm starting a week of redbone with this Blood Red bone TC.

[​IMG]

12. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Oct 19, 2007
    That Navaja up there is gorgeous.

I hope to carry this one tomorrow. A little more grinding, 400/600/800 grit then hot wax. For the knife

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you John! :D :thumbsup:

That's a great pairing my friend, a feller could go through his whole life, and not need another knife :) :thumbsup:

WOW! Stuart :cool: :thumbsup:

I think it'll be getting carried for a while GT :) I love seeing those knives together :) :thumbsup:

14. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Prester John, dc50 and cigarrodog like this.
  15. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you. Happy to make you laugh, GT. Good looking knife EDC you got there.

dc50 likes this.
  16. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

Today's after church carry :) Happy Sunday Everyone! :D

[​IMG]

17. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    :cool:

Wonderful TC Dean and I love the slip.

TFBraden, RDaneel, dc50 and 1 other person like this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. It definitely covers the best blade choices, Spear and Lamb. :cool: :thumbsup:

19. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Feeling a little fancy today.
    [​IMG]

Old Hunter, Captvideo, ISKRA and 20 others like this.
  20. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you kind Sir ! That TC is a cherry and that slip is super ...sweet set !!

RDaneel likes this.