1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Hangin out with a pal

[​IMG]

2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Harvey! :)

Thank you Jack! :)

Thanks my friend! :thumbsup: :)

:thumbsup: :D

:thumbsup: :D

Those beautiful Queen Barlow’s look great in your photos Stuart! :thumbsup: They look soooo much better in person my friend!!! :cool: :thumbsup: :D

Thanks for the compliment Gary! I’m honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dwight. I consider his photos to be top notch. I suspect that like myself Dwight takes most of his photos outside. What I consider my best photos are always taken on my back deck. I usually try for the time right before sunrise. :)

3. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Thanks GT! Yes Pujols was well received Friday night, the baseball fans here are a cordial bunch. I am still celebrating our Stanley Cup victory, I am an admitted bandwagon Cardinals fan :)

My blue Pioneer X was helping me on rib duty today, they turned out pretty good.

[​IMG]

4. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Just beautiful work by Jeff. The colors and texture of the horn makes it truly one of a kind. I'm hoping one day to have him make me one of his Navajas. Until then I'll gaze at photos and admire the coin knife he made for me.

Leslie Tomville likes this.
  5. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Oct 19, 2007
    This is coming together. Nice Sunday. John Lee Hooker and grinding puukko oval handles. Cheap therapy. Basil Haden bbn single bbl 50/50 with selzer goes perfect with truoil 50/50 with mineral spirits and a dash of acetone. Crusty when dry

Blade is scandy 62mm. Still striving for perfect pocket puukko.

Wood is Russian Karelian Birch and Scandinavian Curly Birch. Dry and absorbent so it’s sucking up the truoil, now on 7th coat. Goal was functional blade in 6” for pruning figs. After Basil I’ll call this the Perfected Pocket Puukko Pruner and it cores apples too man

Happy Sunday to you

[​IMG]

6. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Sweet Sunday carry!
    IMG_20190623_143953.jpg

7. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Church Key!

Invoice and JohnDF like this.
  8. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Man, my pulse is racing and my "like" button finger is plumb wore out! So many gorgeous knives up today. Took this with me to the Houston Fiber Arts Festival today. Stag handled 1095 knife and spinning your own yarn. Doesn't get much more traditional than that. Also means spending on Kim's hobbies this week outstripped mine, so doors have been opened! ;)

20190623_110040.jpg

9. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    @cjtamu - "doors have been opened" :D You mean the lock on your wallet is being neglected for now. o_O

Ray

Invoice likes this.
  10. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I went actually to a few places nearby that were listed online but they only had a few models, none that I was interested in. I also wasn't too worried about the quality, there I would have trusted Amazon's return policy. But with the BoneStag I was very picky with the color and texture of the handle.

Prester John likes this.
  11. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Dwight! The slip was done by our own Gunstockjack aka Barry.

Thank you, Gev!

Gevonovich likes this.
  12. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Nice Steve!

You’ve so many nice knives, you can’t go wrong with whatever choice you make like the pair of Queens today.

Gorgeous knife and photo Gev!

Pocket knife and pocket jewelry
    [​IMG]

13. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Awfully late and way behind today.
    I went with these two eminently totable jacks today, had a loooonng, but enjoyable day with my wife’s maternal side of her family, and time to wind down in the hotel room with an unplugged guitar. FB8E18D1-9F00-4723-AC61-F1DBE0AB1C02.jpeg

peanutsxx, zolthar, jwb01 and 21 others like this.
  14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Two knives that make me smile...divine !! Thank you :D

15. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    I have a straw cowboy hat that I bought in Mexico. The latigo decorative braiding is latino latigo, verdad?

scrteened porch and Prester John like this.
  16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Two out of three, John. You forgot Clip!;)

JohnDF likes this.
  17. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Ha ha ha. That lock never did do much good. What it really means is there were a few things Kim wanted, but she felt she’d spent enough already. So I snuck in and bought them for her before we left. The lock to the husband points has been opened and I’m rolling in them right now! :)

18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Yo creo que sí. ;)

19. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
  20. Amir Fleschwund

Nov 29, 2008
    Why?

I love the ingenuity and skill!