1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    Mini copperlock in cv again for T-bone Tuesday.
    [​IMG]

2. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Cut this one back a bit. The original handle length fit very nice but the sharp tip was pokey in the pocket. Little long. I cut off about .5” and pinned in a piece of curly birch and a bit of brass. No, it drops in much better in the pocket. I’ve loved folders my whole life but a few years ago, set out to make a short, handy non folding pocket knife

[​IMG]

This was length when I finished last night. Pokey
    [​IMG]

Steel pin was epoxied from bone to brass
    [​IMG]

3. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gev!

Gevonovich likes this.
  4. torqueguy

Oct 19, 2007
  5. torqueguy

Oct 19, 2007
    Now needs about 10 min on buffer

6. torqueguy

Oct 19, 2007
    Back plate still needs 800 grit then marroon pad then buff but its almost there

[​IMG]

7. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Lloyd fresh outta a pot of taters. Made quick work of turning a few big taters into a whole bunch of tiny ones.
    3ECAE69C-D9BA-4C9B-9564-2EF969F080B6.jpeg

8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Clarification. I have been seeing my Physician for years. She’s aware of every one of my bad habits. When she asks if I’ve done this or that, we’re both prepared for her lecture to follow. At this point, the questions are asked and I always respond with “I’ve been a good boy,” wait a couple of beats, then say well...except for...First the laugh, then the lecture. At this point, she knows precisely what I’m going to have, and where I’m going to have it.:)

Amir Fleschwund, dc50 and TFBraden like this.
  9. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Lambfoot for the WIN:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

10. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    The Russell went to work today and will again tomorrow.

[​IMG]

11. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 10, 2017
    As much as I like my tree shots, this one really could have gone so very very wrong, as it's surrounded by only rocks and the parking lot. Luckily no Lambs were injured. This will be my carry for a while, I'm quite sure.
    [​IMG]

12. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    It's Tuesday so I'm carrying my TC Barlow in cranberry jigged bone

[​IMG]

13. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    That's my computer background now, very nice.

14. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, thefrank, Dschal and 24 others like this.
  15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great pic :thumbsup:

Much as I love your workshop pics Kevin, it's nice to see you out in the fresh air my friend! :D Cool pic :thumbsup:

Morning folks, couple of Barlows for me today ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Gary! I've got a soft spot for those "depression era" Imperial Hammers! :rolleyes:
    Great selection of Canoes today! Brings to mind an election slogan from 1840 "TippeCanoe and Tyler Too" :D

Todays tote of 3 wood covered workers from Robeson :)[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with GEC # 15 TC and still A.Wright Guardians "18" in Ebony!:):thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG]

peanutsxx, bbk357, JJ Cahill and 23 others like this.
  18. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2012
    The only thing I hate with these knives is the horrible question which comes back every morning : Which one ? :mad:

[​IMG]

Â

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    peanutsxx, bbk357, JJ Cahill and 22 others like this.
  19. ISKRA

ISKRA

Sep 19, 2016
    Awesome, imo these are some of GEC's best. :thumbsup: Your photo nicely shows how the spear on the 15 and 68 is not the same.

Today this one's helping at work. I had to give my Robeson stag jack a day off. :D

[​IMG]

20. 22Hornet

22Hornet

Apr 2, 2012
    I like that. What model number is it, and what is the closed length?