1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I think I have four new folders and two were gifts :eek: Oh and a 6 dollar kissing crane lockback whittler which I use ;)

You know me well...maybe I need to turn up the radical novelty :p

RDaneel, r8shell, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Cute picture... and thanks for leaving the blades closed around the dog. :cool::thumbsup:

3. cjtamu

cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
  4. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Best friends forever
    [​IMG]

5. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Boker Nessmi fixed blade

[​IMG]

6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Agreed. But now I’m thinking grilled cheese is my next quest.:)

@Gevonovich - Thank you Gev. Forgive me for not knowing the pattern number of your UN-X-LD, but I know what I like, and that is a cream puff of a knife.:thumbsup:

7. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
  8. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Stallion #74 in Coco - 748117
    Cream puff... cannoli ...no creme brulee...:p
    Thanks for the sweet tooth ...lol

9. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Carried this one today.
    [​IMG]

10. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    For today my pocket totes will include a new acquisition, the GEC Stockyard Whittler in Osage wood, and a snappy old Robeson split back Whittler from the 20' or 30's.:D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  11. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    A present from @Jolipapa arrived yesterday, really like this horn Pradel!

[​IMG]

12. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    GEC Calf Roper #66 is going to get her done today.
    [​IMG]

13. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Nice Bucks! OH

sXePhenomenal likes this.
  14. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I measured this again. Today it's 3" exactly; sometimes it's a hair over. Anyway, too long since I've carried it.
    [​IMG]

15. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Cool little Robeson, and the Stockyard Whittler looks like a winner. I hope to pick up one of those later in the month. I wonder if it could become a true "every day carry", but then I think that about each new knife I have my fickle eyes set on.
    Today, I'm still carrying my 1950s? Boker. I don't know why I like it so much. I mean, I sort of do; it's a nice old knife with great steel and lovely worn bone, but there's something else about it that speaks to me. Maybe I can feel that it was once somebody's true "every day carry".
    [​IMG]
    Even the broken blade cuts.
    [​IMG]

16. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    That isn't broken; it's a razor coping blade!

17. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    She was made by Gilles Reynewater (https://www.thiers-issard.fr/fr/content/16-savoir-faire, there's a shorter version in English) who bought the Thiers-Issard Cy in 1985 (btw, Thiers is a family name, not the town) and owns a few others, including Sabatier*****Elephant (imho the best of the Sabatier brands for kitchen knives). Probably X75 carbon steel.
    (ps I hope the toy soldier arrived in one piece, the gun was already missing. It was part of a comprehensive set of WWI French soldiers , including cavalry and generals, made for the Mokarex coffee brand, one in each 250g unground coffee packet. The deal with Mum was ok I buy this coffee, but you grind it with the Peugeot hand mill!:eek::D)

18. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I entirely relate to this.

cigarrodog and r8shell like this.
  19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    48DE01C6-553B-4270-9B36-69D5217A1056.jpeg Two Camillus knives that I re-handled in elk stag. 40D48E91-A057-4913-B4F7-CA7C33AF69B4.jpeg

20. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Haven't picked today's carry yet but yesterday I pocketed these two nature themed knives. Nature themed knives - 1.jpg