1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Ulster Jack today

[​IMG]

2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Saturday Morning All
    [​IMG]

3. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    True!
    :cool::thumbsup:

5. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
  6. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal

Mar 8, 2018
    Thanks OH carrying them again today

7. cjtamu

cjtamu

Nov 6, 2018
    That is sweet. Carrying this S&M Scout knife again. Planning to test the cap lifter a little later today. Probably several times over :)

20190810_080307 sized 40.jpg

8. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Great photo !!!!

9. Cutfinger

Cutfinger Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Will, that looks to me like a perfect knife. The blade and handle shape and proportions could not be improved upon.

Michael

N.B. I did say 'a' perfect knife; and not 'the' perfect knife ;)

Will Power and cigarrodog like this.
  10. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    After being gone for a week I’m too far behind to think about looking at all the knives you folks were toting. I spent the week picking huckleberries, catching small mouth, eating better than I do at home and drinking red beer every night around a campfire. Having little or absolutely no cell service was really nice, but because of that I didn’t carry my phone and took very few photos. Here’s a few, along with the knives I packed around and used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did manage a GAW while on the trip. My 9 year old nephew looked like he needed a good camping knife so I gave him a Victorinox Lumberjack I took along. He turned into a sawing/whittling machine, trying to make a spear to get some fish while he was swimming in the lake.

11. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I wholeheartedly love it that you gave your nephew your SAK:thumbsup:

A week off the internet...:thumbsup:

However, the lack of smallmouth pics:(:eek:
    :D

cigarrodog, Cutfinger and Duckdog like this.
  12. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Thanks Jeff. I was fishing out of my kayak, not my Lund, so I opted not to take the phone incase I decided to go submarine:eek: But I can honestly say, the fish were absolutely huge, I swear....o_Oo_Oo_O

13. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    It's going to be this kind of day. Some early afternoon yard work and a late afternoon cocktail party, so I'm totin' these two.

[​IMG]

- Stuart

Pàdruig, sunknife, TFBraden and 25 others like this.
  14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Did some yard work and cleaned out some drawers.
    @Horsewright I found an old hitched key chain i made.
    I used to do a lot of horsehair hitching on head stalls and such.
    Had to take a picture of it along with the Trapper that was in my pocket at the time...
    [​IMG]

15. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Case Caramel sawcut Mini Moose. The color changes in different light (or my color differentiation is defective).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Bottle caps and marbles

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  17. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    That should be a painting.

[​IMG]

18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    A week ago at this time, I was on the road to our vacation destination. I haven't looked at this thread for a week. I started trying to catch up last night. It looks like I've missed some momentous developments in the past 7-8 days! :thumbsup::):cool:

Thanks, Harvey. :) The 6-hour drive to get here has become kind of a killer for my geezer back, but once we arrived, it's been fantastic so far. One more week here, and our daughter will join us for several days this week, so my hopes are high!

Thanks, JJ. :) I bought a 3-pack of Cracker Jack for the photo shoot, and found out the modern version is almost peanutless! :eek::mad::rolleyes:

Thanks, Dean. :) On the trip to our vacation rental, I stopped at a Case dealer in Mackinaw City, MI and bought their last Case brown sawcut bone CV Barlow! :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Stuart. :)

W:eek:W! That's a grand stag gunstock, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) So far, so good; looking forward to another wondrous week! :thumbsup:;)

Congrats, Dwight, and God Save the Queen! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

JJ, I have maybe a half dozen old Imperials and Colonials, and I like them as well as any knives I have! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Congratulations on the impending nuptials, Alan; best wishes to both of you for a long and happy union! :):thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (Just how love crazed are you? Is she a Red Sox fan?? ;))

Very cool that you have Grandpa's old knife, Jeff, and even cooler that you've got another grandchild!! :):thumbsup::cool::cool: Congrats to you and the whole family! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I hope you'll enjoy your new canoes as much as I enjoy that pattern! :cool::thumbsup::cool: (But I hope you don't end up "going overboard" in terms of buying far more of them than you need! :eek::rolleyes::D)

Cadet and Pocket Pal are a couple of Vic's finest, IMHO! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (I just bought another used Pocket Pal for $6; I can't seem to resist them. I think I've bought a total of 8 Pocket Pals, new or used, and given away 5 of them.)

That's a winner in my book, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::cool: One of my favorite knife finds was an old cross Pioneer; mine isn't as minty as yours, but it's still functionally sound with lots of pocket wear on the covers.

Thanks for the report on your and your daughter's trip! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: Sounds like it was supremely satisfying. Kids grow up so fast; I think I remember a photo of you and your MUCH younger daughter up in a fire tower early in my BF membership.

That's a wise perspective on both happiness and love, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheerful Pioneer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: You're back in school on a single-digit date in August! :eek::rolleyes: The law in Michigan is that schools can't start until after Labor Day, but huge numbers of school districts are being granted waivers to start earlier in recent years. What subject do you teach?

For my 2 weeks away from home, I kind of merged two weeks on my rotation schedule to determine what knives to carry for vacation. For example, in my Alox category, I looked at what the schedule assigned for this week and for next week and chose my favorite of the two to carry for both weeks. (I confess that sometimes I ignored both knives in a category and chose whatever I wanted. :rolleyes:)

Anyway, here are some of the knives I'm carrying for this past week and the upcoming week.
    Vacation Alox is a Vic Farmer (thanks, Tom):
    farmer.silver.mark.Vsaw.stringer.jpg

Big Knife for Vacation is my Mercator Black Cat and my International Knife for Vacation is a Cognet L'Ecureuil, both pictured on a dock in Lake Huron:
    cat&squirrel.dock.Vcross.jpg

- GT

19. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Your lamb is smiling :D

20. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Gevonovich likes this.