1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Thanks! Would it be too late to put some down now? Or just wait till next year?

This is only my third year messing with muscadines. If I can get them right, I'll plant two more vines (got two now in their 3rd year). First they made almost none. Last year I made enough to make a 8 pts jelly and a gallon of wine. I have almost enough for 8 pts jelly so far this year.

Duckdog likes this.
  2. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Thank you!

3. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Now is never too late. Sprinkle some around the base of the tree/plant and water in well.Good luck.

SVTFreak likes this.
  4. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Yes indeed. Glad the crisis averted. :thumbsup:

Ray

5. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Kim’s carry today while we were bumming around a couple flea/markets estate sales. More on that in a bit.
    69CDA4FE-379B-4D21-ACF4-095CEEDA9BF3.jpeg

TFBraden, RDaneel, Laurelbb and 19 others like this.
  6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    BÖKER shadow stockman tonight.

[​IMG]

7. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Thank you! I wish they still made bone like that.

Thanks for the nice words Stuart! Great pair of stag knives you have today. I like the nice deep swage of the main blade on that whittler and the fixed blade is a stout looker.

I like that fixed blade a lot! Looks like it fits like a glove in hand. I don’t own any fixed blades except kitchen knives but they’re growing on me lately...

This pair for me today.
    [​IMG]

8. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    @5K Qs ~
    Thanks for your kind and witty comments! Nice to see your post after a few days hiatus. Now go enjoy your family vacation for another week!

Congrats on getting the new Case!

Cutfinger likes this.
  9. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, RDaneel, Laurelbb and 20 others like this.
  10. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Very Funny.:D:cool:

11. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, Cutfinger, RDaneel and 29 others like this.
  12. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    How long have you had that one?? It's aging quickly and beautifully! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'll bet that, in person, that pizza/lambsfoot combination was sensational for most of your senses, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The amber bone looks great, John! :cool::thumbsup::cool: When does school start for you?

:D:thumbsup:

Your new ebony Waynorth lambsfoot is outstanding, Steve, but your old PAL "takes the cake"! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

What a bountiful harvest of knives and produce, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Black is beautiful, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Cool pair of knives (and dog), Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Striking lambsfoot, John! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That Nieto is Neat-o, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup: My daughter gave me a knife almost identical to that, but she got it in a knife maker's shop - they leave off the manufacturer's etchings and put on their own!?!
    mz.menger.pile.open.jpg

Kudos for your grand gift to your nephew! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::D

Thanks, John. :) I had planned to try to work in an intentional nap most days, but it hasn't happened during the first week. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Dean; your and others' photos of the Case CV Barlow were a major influence in my buying decision. ;):thumbsup: I'm glad you like the Farmer, and that you sent me one of your "excess" Uncle Henry stockmans. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

That Harvest Orange Humpback stockman is a marvelous knife, Mike; thanks for sending me one! :cool::):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, HnS. :) Here's a pic of my latest Pocket Pal:
    pocketpal3.mark.2open.onback.jpg

My "Plain" Canoe for vacation is no longer plain, since @r8shell scrimshawed a vacation-inspired scene on it! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    mark.chair.jpg

My "Fancy" Canoe for vacation is a Buck stag canoe that I feel fortunate to have found:
    stag.canoe.389.pile.open.jpg

- GT

Pàdruig, TFBraden, RDaneel and 24 others like this.
  13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT.
    I start back on Monday with staff meetings and training. Kids will be there on Wednesday.

14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Your lucky to have a Daughter GT :thumbsup::D I agree with you, it's actually a pretty cool knife.:thumbsup::cool::D

15. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    The wood on mine is getting quite dry, while yours looks fantastic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    Any special wood maintenance that you do?

- GT

dc50 likes this.
  16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    This:
    [​IMG]
    And this, obtained at a gun show today:
    [​IMG]

Dschal, RDaneel, Laurelbb and 11 others like this.
  17. thefrank

thefrank Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Northwoods Bullet Jack for Stagurday

[​IMG]

Dschal, TFBraden, RDaneel and 18 others like this.
  18. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Thanks GT.

Thank you, my friend. I saw yours posted a little while ago and I had to take mine out for the day. Glad you're still enjoying yours :)

The Secretary is such a cool little SAK. I keep one as my desk knife at home.

Lovely canoes as well. Really appreciate and enjoy the attention and detail in your replies. I don't know how you keep it up ;)

19. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I'm a knife fondler so when I'm watching TV I always have a knife in hand. You can tell this on some of my lambsfoot carries, the natural oils from my hand keep them looking shiny. :p

20. BigKurtHaze

BigKurtHaze

Aug 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

Cutfinger, Dschal, TFBraden and 16 others like this.