1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Me too.
    Watching TV, sitting outside talking, hanging out on the computer, playing board games, or etc.

Laurelbb and dc50 like this.
  2. Falling_rain

Falling_rain

May 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

3. UnderDawgAl

UnderDawgAl

Feb 18, 2018
    Toted my favorite pocketknife of all -- a Schrade Walden 825. My son used it today to cut this 33-lb watermelon from the vine. I took the pic about a quarter second too late! I carry this knife several days a week.

[​IMG]

Dschal, kai76, RDaneel and 21 others like this.
  4. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Today’s “pick”! :p 7C169DFC-FE4F-4074-9129-1C9F59AC0892.jpeg

5. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Rachel!!! The 29 is a great pattern that could (theoretically) be a daily carry, however my compulsion for these pocket knives allows a short rotational window; I have the "fickle eye" as well!:confused:
    I love knives like yours that certainly have many stories to tell; that real pocket worn bone is sublime!:D
    Wow Jeff, you really do an amazing job with your covers; an extraordinary gift to possess!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Steve, you certainly have cornered the "beautiful bone" market; very cool Ulster!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    Outstanding pair of stag covered knives today; you really have been carrying some excellent cutlery!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Gev, you always have such stunning imagery; wonderful visions!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
    Quite a beautiful image of a fabulous knife, Harvey!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D Yesterdays pizza theme created a Pavlovian response by me!:eek:
    I used to love the old nutty cracker jacks; great visual stimuli!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    An Imperial "Hammer Brand" was my first foray into pre WWII knives and I was amazed! It set me on a small "older knife" quest...:eek:
    Another great selection for your vacation at Lake Huron; that lake certainly looks like a good one to jump into!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Thanks Gary, I am constantly amazed at the edge these old fellas produce!!! You've added a couple of perfect hard working companions to your vacation carry; I hope you are having a blast!!!:D:rolleyes:
    Wonderful pair, I really like the pearl with the rat tail tang!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)
    Absolutely marvelous scrimshaw by Rachel!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D Now you have a couple of very cool canoes to paddle around in!:thumbsup::thumbsup:o_O:rolleyes:

TFBraden, SteveC, r8shell and 7 others like this.
  6. Tyd450

Tyd450 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I wouldn't mind another run of these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Had this 83 in my coin pocket.

[​IMG]

Dschal, sunknife, TFBraden and 24 others like this.
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @JJ Cahill Thank you kindly JJ. Still thinking about how nice your Robeson split back whittler is.

@5K Qs - Thank you G.T. Your canoes float my boat.:)

9. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Love it !

dc50 and JJ Cahill like this.
  10. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I like pics of knives and picks!

Thank you, JJ!

dc50, JJ Cahill and The Fort like this.
  11. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    haha, that's the way, John. :thumbsup::pThere are times when we have company I have a really small knife that fits unseen in my hand that I nonchalantly play with.:D

Amir Fleschwund, JohnDF and JJ Cahill like this.
  12. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Sorry, replied to your thread, but did not put it in your box. Never too late to apply. Sprinkle some around the base of the vine, and water in well. Reapply at the start of every growing season.

SVTFreak likes this.
  13. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    @JJ Cahill me too that Robeson was sizzling !!!

@JOELSM Love the knife and photograph !!!

JOELSM likes this.
  14. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Harvey and Gev!!! :D I am amazed at how a little 3 1/8" knife can have a near "bear trap" snap! :eek:

cigarrodog and Gevonovich like this.
  15. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Met up with a friend, gifted an Alox Cadet for his birthday. Splurged on the way home.

IMG_2640.jpg

Dschal, akaMatt, TFBraden and 19 others like this.
  16. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    In my mind I hear every whispered word you say
    You are my lucky star'
    My singing satellite

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    Pàdruig, Dschal, akaMatt and 21 others like this.
  17. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    I'm going with a "surf and turf" for Sunday; a Abalone covered Winchester Sowbelly and a Redbone Robeson Spey Barlow. :D
    [​IMG]

18. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm afraid I've fallen hopelessly behind with this thread :( Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, mitch13, Dschal and 23 others like this.
  19. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Thanks! I'll pick some up tomorrow and put it down.

20. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Think I'll get some canoe time today.
    [​IMG]

mitch13, Dschal, JJ Cahill and 14 others like this.