1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
  2. Jambon

Jambon Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 1, 2017
    [​IMG]

3. jlhoffman74

jlhoffman74

Nov 30, 2014

4. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    me too.

dc50 and JohnDF like this.
  5. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Canal Street Cannitler found its way into the pocket this morning. Happy Sunday, All.

[​IMG]

6. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    What a fantastic old Stockman - NICE! OH

Duckdog, SVTFreak and cigarrodog like this.
  7. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Back to carrying my old, yellow Delrin, Case Medium Stockman today. OH
    [​IMG]

8. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    @Duckdog that #61 Stockman is unreal. Couple of our flea market finds from yesterday. Before and after of the 1976 Case #25 1/2 small Coke Bottle Kim found. Actually don't think it had been used, but unfortunately the box and knife had gotten wet. I think I got it about as good as it's going to get. Plenty serviceable once I put an edge back on it. Really nice half stops on it.
    [​IMG]20190810_202613 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

[​IMG]20190811_055422 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

1998 Case #18 medium Stockman. This one was in great shape, small rust spot on blade spring beneath the clip blade for some reason. Looked like never carried,never used, still has the factory edge, and it's sharp. Removed the rust, cleaned it, oiled it, threw it in my pocket this morning.

[​IMG]20190811_080208 by Chris Thayer, on Flickr

Edit: Does anyone know what they call the color on the #18? Wasn't on the box. Box didn't even say Stockman, just "3-blade PKT" and then the pattern number.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  9. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    My guess is Whiskey Bone.

10. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Thanks, you think? I thought about that, but it's not even close to the same color as my Whiskey Bone Tribal Lock. That thing is dang near neon. Maybe a color change they made over the years.

11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    The colors are not always consistent. Some of their recent "Dark Red Bone" is not very dark, and my two amber bone knives are very different. One of them even varies greatly from the other side.
    There's also a "Harvest Orange" color in the 2019 catalog. Don't know how long that has been used.

JohnDF and cigarrodog like this.
  12. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gary! @r8shell definitely has a talent for scrimshaw. :thumbsup:

Very sharp Case jackknife, Gev! It looks like it has been well used and has many stories to tell. :thumbsup:

13. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Case Whiskey bone Teardrop for Sunday.

[​IMG]

14. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Definitely well used, as I keep coming back to it often, It's a favorite. Love your teardrops. Have a great Sunday, Dean !

RDaneel likes this.
  15. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Going with the Frontier today, AKA Scotty....[​IMG]

16. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    9A2AAB40-F439-41FC-8F53-22595748A987.jpeg This old thing today. Anyone like theirs?:D

17. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I was looking at mine today, but needs a bit of TLC. Top cover pin is a bit proud on the inside of the scales which made a little oxidation mark on the awl (was a huge AHA! moment when I figured out what caused the mark). I need to file the kick on the awl as well, as it's just the littlest bit proud, but enough to catch the finger while using the main blade.

[​IMG]

ETA - So much for the AHA! moment... It's the awl slightly contacting the liner at that spot. The spot is too far back to be the pin. All good though ;)

18. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
  19. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    @Crazy Canuck, character is ok by me. Just not the red stuff.
    Neal

Cutfinger and Crazy Canuck like this.
  20. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Same SK Blades 'The Gentleman' Buck 110, but the "Remington" canoe has replaced the Ulster #10 Barlow this eek.
    Hopefully I can get my 301 Stockman for the pocket before Sun Day next.
    I miss carrying a stockman. :(