1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Have you tried chicken enchiladas in mole (Spanish word, two syllables) sauce? Salsa verde is good too. I'm sure they're delicious however she makes them (getting hungry again and I just ate!). Modelo Especial is my favorite Mexican beer. Bon appétit!

DelOro and cigarrodog like this.
  2. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Ditto, GT. But, once again into the breach, albeit later after a medicinal Martini.
    - Stuart

Prester John likes this.
  3. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  4. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Orchard Gem and Churchill:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Have been carrying these 2 since last Tuesday and will also carry them tomorrow .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Trust me, I feel cheated. :D

7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Yeah, school should start AFTER Labor Day. Summer vacation should be a full three months!

r8shell, dc50, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  8. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    I really think you captured the soul of that great old Case jack, Gev!:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    What could be better than a classic "black box" Winchester and your future classic Hartshead Barlow with chocolate, Jack!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    An absolute beauty, Alan; the shell shield with the wonderful stag look extraordinary!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Great idea Jeff! I grabbed a couple for tomorrow, with one being among my favorite delrin examples!:)
    I'd say you're quite ready to prepare a super tasty 30lbs mountain of smoked chicken; very cool!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    As soon as I saw this fine piece of cutlery I thought: "this must be Stuart!"; outstanding, as usual!:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Now that's what I'd call a sweet slice of life, Harvey!!!:D
    I can't blame you, that's quite an awesome Canoe; great looking Harness Jack too, Mike!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Your NYKCo toothpick is a consummate stunner, Nick!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    You put your lovely new Case right to work Rachel; looks awesome (knife and lunch!!!):D
    I'm glad to hear your having a great vacation, Gary! Walking over 5 miles a day in that wonderful spot is outstanding!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
    Thanks Gary! You were my original trigger to acquire the sowbelly and it's become a favorite!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Your vacation quartet is playing some lovely waterfront music; great shots!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::rolleyes:
    Wonderful classic Case you have today, Travman; I love the old Case knives!:D
    I can never get tired of gazing upon those two beauties, Harry; your Waynorth is certainly a blast from the "golden age" past!:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

9. Grateful

Grateful Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Working on the patina.
    651212F3-8003-43DA-93E8-531216421C9B.jpeg

10. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    @JJ Cahill
    If you like one, two is twice as nice. IMG_3966-1135x1039.JPG

11. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Wow, awesome!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Duckdog and neal70 like this.
  12. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Jul 4, 2017
    You have a little girl there -- identified by the white tips on the tail feathers. Great pix!

13. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    dc50, Duckdog, neal70 and 1 other person like this.
  14. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Thanks you guys!

Gary, I love your bone sodbuster! Always wanted one and still don’t have one yet...

Gev, that old Case is timeless!!

JJ your Robeson is one pretty darn sweet knife!

It’s a little Buck 525 I bought at a pawn shop in Arkansas a few years back. It went missing for the last year or so and I thought I’d never see it again but my wife found it today so straight into my pocket it went!
    [​IMG]

15. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks ! :) I thought she was a boy because of her colors .

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Ace Rimmer and neal70 like this.
  16. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Thank you for the fine compliments !! :)

JJ Cahill likes this.
  17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    "I'm singing this note 'cause it fits in well
    With the chords I'm playing
    I can't pretend there's any meaning here
    Or in the things I'm saying

But I'm in tune
    Right in tune"

--The Who
    [​IMG]
    For Monday.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  18. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    You Betcha -- Salsa Verde! ;) Mole (especially mole poblano) is fantastic. :D

Modelo Especial is my favorite too! :cool:

Prester John likes this.
  19. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    ¡Somos primos, Del!

DelOro likes this.
  20. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Had to go grocery shopping with the wife today.
    So kept it simple with sak, the very first I ever owned, well over 20 years can't remember how long.
    I found it in a draw the end of last year all gunked up. So I cleaned it up, reprofiled the main blade a tad.
    Good for another 20+ years.
    [​IMG]