1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Puma folder one of their German steels built in the far east, fit and finish isn't that bad and arrived fairly sharp

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

2. Bloefield

Bloefield

Aug 2, 2013
    Schrade 194OT It's a good green bean trimmer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I really like how the ergonomics of the Grohmann fits the hand.

Cutfinger, cigarrodog, HFinn and 2 others like this.
  4. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Grohmann mini DH Russell 3", closed length approx 4", open overall length 7"
    photo 1 (16).JPG

5. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Just standing around a mall waiting on my wife....admiring some ebony.

[​IMG]

6. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Funny looking but fascinating.

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  7. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    8DF53B4A-E6F4-4843-B81A-99333E9830DF.jpeg DF957021-39E9-48D0-A86D-98525847E28F.jpeg 0A2EC72D-E4F5-44D8-851D-C815E2D11E26.jpeg

Totin’ some old bone today! Case tested Green and XX Red Appaloosa.

8. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    I know but it's cool :cool::p

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  9. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Not carrying today just pulled her out of the safe to show off the blurred out non Blade forums dealer so it won’t be deleted. Wonder if I should of blurred out the oil on the tip of the blade , not sure if it was the non bf dealer or Gec ?
    Happy etching Blade Forums !
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  10. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    The bone covers on those old Case beauties are extraordinary!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Bloefield and Leslie Tomville like this.
  11. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Working in the yard till the sun went down, AJ was up to the task.

12. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    This 1 today, been having a clean up & found the card that came with. As I had it custom made many moons ago.
    Oh yeah happy day to all dads, it's Sunday morning here & is Fathers Day here in Oz.
    [​IMG]

13. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Interesting

Any Open pics?

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  14. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Just got her, still checking her out, two blades easy pull on the main.

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

15. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Seriously considering selling off my traditional collection and not buying anymore including possibly canceling my BladeForum knife with collectors knives a blade forum dealer ”no fault of Mikes” due to BladeForum politics that left a very bitter taste in my mouth I can’t seem to shake. But with that being said this one I will never sell and I’m sure will last my life time and do everything I need and if not a tactical will do the job.
    This one represents my good memories with traditionals I received directly from The man Waynorth “Charlie “
    Much respect and I have and will always carry with pride:)
    [​IMG]

16. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
  17. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    JJ Cahill, Leslie Tomville and dc50 like this.
  18. Mayonardo

Mayonardo Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I understand your frustration. I too think the rules are too rigid with no room for interpretation or intent. Guidelines might be more useful in these circumstances. However, this is a private business and as such the owners can set what rules they deem necessary.

I read and appreciate your postings and encourage you to stay. Don’t let one bad experience keep you from enjoying and participating in traditional knife conversations.

19. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Did I miss something? You are contemplating selling off your traditional knives why?

20. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks Gary!!! I really like the thinly ground blades; makes it almost like a 4 bladed scalpel! :eek:

For today I'll be toting a couple of young slicers; my latest Alox Victorinox and the stout GEC gunstock 44. :D
    [​IMG]