1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, JJ :D

JJ Cahill and cigarrodog like this.
  2. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    This just in off the exchange, a few licks with stone and stick, and into the pocket it went. Thanks again, Colin!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    More like far exceeding :) :D

Thanks Stuart!

Duckdog, Cutfinger and cigarrodog like this.
  4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks, guys! I've been sticking with that combo all week.
    Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day, Mateys! Aaarrrgh.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I was just thinking... On a knife forum, should it be "Walk 'n Talk" like a pirate day?

r8shell likes this.
  6. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    My most treasured knife. A clamshell stag teardrop that John Lloyd made for me. It's one of a pair. IMG_1041-852x823.JPG

7. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Aye, that knife snaps like Capt'n Hook's crocodile!

8. HeathH

HeathH Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Seems like a John Lloyd kind of day... image000000.jpg

9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Stuart! The truth is between the heat, the humidity, the riding mower, the push mower, the gas trimmer and the gas blower I’m beat my friend! I’m glad I didn’t need either one of my knives because I don’t think I could have opened it! :eek: :D

That’s a beauty Jeff! I bet you don’t even know it’s in your pocket! :thumbsup: :D

Gevonovich, dc50 and Duckdog like this.
  10. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    This one rides in my left front pocket in the slip sheath it came with, nice juniper scales with lots of character as well as the peppery smell ;)

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

11. kai76

kai76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Excellent!!

Beautiful Cammies you guys!!:thumbsup:

JJ Cahill and Cutfinger like this.
  12. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    I've been out of the loop for a bit here on the Porch, but you can bet that I've still had a (traditional) knife in my pocket every day! :D Been carrying this one a lot lately.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    The Sutra

[​IMG]
    To the Bee
    It matters not the pedigree
    I am who I i am
    and that is that
    I am who you are
    looking back

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  14. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Ron, it rides like a pin-up girl on the back of a Harley! :D

Half/Stop likes this.
  15. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Been pretty sick lately and have neglected this thread, but the Texas jack was in my pocket when I got sick and I just never thought to pick something else.
    It's getting a lot more patina now with all the extra fruit I've eaten'.
    [​IMG]

16. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Nice Knife! :D

Ramrodmb and cigarrodog like this.
  17. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    That's a nicely varied trio, Rachel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I like the Casper the Friendly Ghost patina on the #29, and that little MOP is the Catt's meow!

You're welcome, Nick. :) Some claim that you can't stop with just one Case peanut. ;)

That sounds like a more than satisfactory life summary, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    I'm totally onboard with your assessment of the Joker. :)
    Splendid Joseph Rodgers shadow lambsfoot!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the additional info about your melon tester. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I appreciate your comments, JJ. :)

Appealing pair, JJ; I really like the way GEC's Osage Orange ages! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :)
    That swell-end EO spear/pen with bail is such a classic IMHO! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Those two seem to share a lot of knife DNA, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I'd be interested in reading a compare/contrast of those two sometime. ;)

Welcome back, Tom! :) Good to see a fixed blade and scout on the rocks again! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harvey, I'm always dumbstruck by the detail in your photos! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: They always show things that I've never seen with my (somewhat myopic) naked eyes!

IMHO, that Cattaraugus Barlow with the tiny script on the bolster is such an iconic knife, Gev! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (And I was talking to some statistics students on Tuesday about how inflection points and standard deviations are related for Normal distributions! :eek::p)

Thanks, Dean. :) I certainly am partial to the Case CV chestnut jigged bone series, but they're not as easy to find at dealers these days as they used to be.

That's a capital couple of knives, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Will you be carrying a Vendetta, or carrying OUT a Vendetta??)

That swoopy, sweeping clip on the Case lockback is something else, Stuart!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

You've sold me, Jack; versatility is the name of the game. ;):thumbsup:

That's a pair one certainly doesn't see every day! Intriguing knives, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Jake on the job!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I liked looking through the Rogue's Galleries you put together, Stuart! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats, Paul; that spey blade is special! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for the tang stamp info, JJ. So the 6347 sometimes has a different blade combo than the clip/sheep/spey (which is the only blade trio I've seen on that pattern in my brief "knife life")?
    Thanks for the Imperial BSA compliment. That's one of the few knives I have that I don't think I've ever used. Contrast it to this white Imperial BSA that @r8shell gave me recently that I've been using in the kitchen quite often:
    white.BSA.mark.Vflat.etch.jpg

- GT

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
  19. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    :);):)

And fibonacci ratios too :D:p:thumbsup:

20. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Today’s arrival- very pleased with this one.

[​IMG]