1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Or Francis of Assisi?

2. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Are there 3 or 4 blades hiding under that incredible bone?

cigarrodog likes this.
  3. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Is the GEC a 14 or 15 pattern? I don’t believe I’ve ever seen that blade combo before on one of their knives...I like it:thumbsup:

4. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    The SwissTank Mk II and a wonderful new Eureka Jack.

[​IMG]

5. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    979B48EF-6A40-4840-B500-BCC326C309E3.jpeg 9E27135C-0418-480E-B7BA-78BA40555478.jpeg

Have a great weekend everyone!!

6. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    So I just got a pm stating I have to leave pockets clips off this thread and my pictures we’re deleted .
    Really WTF lol .
    Received From Anonymous Mod ...

7. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    I'm pretty sure that the pocket clip rule has been in place for pretty close to forever.

8. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I thought same thing. A 14/15 improved trapper would be sweet!

315 likes this.
  9. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Never heard of it or knew of and is absolutely Ridiculous.

10. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    That's a great knife and it is also great to see you post again, Barrett!

Be-U-tee-ful, Gev!

btb01 likes this.
  11. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
  12. Peregrin

Sep 2, 2004
    3600 posts in the Traditional Forum and you haven't read the guidelines yet?
    Below is the the verbiage as it relates to pocket clips. You might want to read through the rest of the guidelines. You also might want to clean up your less than civil remarks.
    cc: @knarfeng

13. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Don’t think I’m cut out for this traditional side of Forum . Thanks for the confirmation on both accounts .
    Take care and have a nice day

14. Blues

Blues Lapsed SuperMod / Cattle Knife Rustler Staff Member Super Mod

Oct 2, 1998
    @Peregrin

Gary, since Gus and I turned over the forum to you and Frank a few years back, the conn is yours.

Please feel free to amend any of the old strictures as you both see fit. We were feeling our way along back in years past and trying to keep some semblance of order so that the Traditional Forum wouldn't be overwhelmed from the outside.

No doubt things may have changed in the intervening years so I would hate for my guidelines from back then to hold back any necessary amendments. (I will not feel the least bit put out. I'm glad to have been able to contribute during the many years I was active on the forum.)

15. Peregrin

Sep 2, 2004
    I appreciate the post Elliott. That might be a discussion worth having at some point. Until then the guidelines are valid and Frank and I don't have a problem with them.
    Thanks for dropping in. Hope all is well.

cc: @knarfeng

16. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    Stick around, I like the photos of the knives you post :thumbsup: I picked up a new Victorinox US Soldier knife and posted it. Photo got removed because of the hole that makes it a one handed opener. I was bummed, but I also get it, just forgot about the rules.

17. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks for the kinds words :)
    To many rules here and I’m not enjoying this side of the forum any longer .
    I’ll be on the general side of the forum we’re all knives are loved and it’s much more relaxed with a much better “essence”
    Thanks again :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Boxer .45 likes this.
  18. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Glad you don’t have a problem with them. Hope you enjoy them to there fullest !
    After all thats what really matters is what you and Frank think :rolleyes: Not forum members .

19. 315

Dec 2, 2017
    I found it Joey, I’m just six years behind some really good looking knives:(:(

[​IMG]

20. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Nice! But now I have another gec to hope for. i want that exact knife with a wharncliff secondary. Lol

Rose and Thistle Custom and 315 like this.