What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    For todays totes I'm going with a couple of bone covered gents; a Christopher Johnson Barlow and a Pal scout. :)
    [​IMG]

2. Corso

Corso

Aug 16, 2007
    Nice CJ
    I'm always on the look out for once since picking up a 2 blade Jack some years ago, great knives

JJ Cahill likes this.
  3. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, Gary.:):thumbsup:

4. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    I particularly love this knife, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Today with SAK alox, old cross from the year 1997.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

6. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    IMG_20200213_060542_compress8.jpg

7. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I keep boomeranging to my GEC #66 - perfect size for pocketing a Stockman. OH
    [​IMG]

8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Looks like a dependable pair! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Greg and Tim, those are a couple of captivating canoes!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very interesting post! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I think it's amazing that you still have some of your earliest knives, and your father's collection of inexpensive "picture knives" is sensational! :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Thanks, Harvey. :) Those 2017 Guardians lambsfoots sure had nice horn! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Admirable shot of your ebony in a knot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Evocative photo, Stuart, for an old guy with lots of snippets of rock-and-roll lyrics bouncing around in his head. :cool::thumbsup::cool: The bottle had me singing "them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye, singin' this'll be the day that I die" and the two slender knives made me think of "You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with Slim." :rolleyes:

Thanks, JJ. :) Good wood choices for Wednesday; I especially like that osage orange 29! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Powerful pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent "red" stag, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Outstanding pairs with wood and wharncliffes, Ron & John!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Great pics of a classic trapper! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That model is about a quarter-inch shorter than most full-sized trappers, isn't it? That appeals to me.

Potent and practical pair, Jeff; really like that TEW lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I sometimes think, "What would I do with a punch on a knife?" I just have to think more creatively; vivid Ventilator, Mike! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, John & Steve. :) John, I'm grateful for your insightful description! :thumbsup::thumbsup::) I just think of the knife as an ancient Beer Scout. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the Honjie info, Jack! :D:thumbsup::D
    Thanks also for calling my knives interesting! ;) You randomly select ONE knife on Tuesday, but my knives are almost all random selections; I have the same categories represented each week, but what knife appears in each category is essentially a surprise to me, dictated by the omnipotent rotation schedule! So I often come up with some groupings that are definitely "interesting", at best! :eek::rolleyes:

Cheerful trio, David! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

We're probably all evolving with regard to our knives, Tom! :D:thumbsup::cool:

Dean, I seem to be much more effusive on The Porch than I am in real life! :rolleyes:;)
    Thanks for your compliments; I don't think the inlays in the wireframe are literally Formica, but they remind me of countertops and tabletops from back in the 1950s. ;)

Hail to the Chief!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those Hayn' Helpers are handsome knives!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Gary, from one old guy to another, I know exactly what you’re referring to on your quote to Stuart! ;) Thanks for the compliment on my Wooden Wednesday carries! :thumbsup: :)

Duckdog and chuck4570 like this.
  10. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    [​IMG]

@Signalprick mod'd this Eureka Jack for me. Love the slimmer profile, black Canvas Micarta handles, and the corset shield!

Duckdog, Shurke, Jathes and 30 others like this.
  11. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    These two again today.
    3AD94C30-3FC2-47AB-A6C9-BAE2910A17E1.jpeg

TFBraden, Duckdog, peanutsxx and 29 others like this.
  12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Case Medium Jack
    [​IMG]

13. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Great quote Gary. Took me back to a wonderful time. It’s amazing how a song can affect your mood. Today is going to be a good one.

14. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Morning all. New 62 arrived yesterday, so it is riding along today.

[​IMG]

JustinR, TFBraden, Duckdog and 32 others like this.
  15. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    cigarrodog and chuck4570 like this.
  16. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Presidential earlier this week, Shuffler now.

FA9AA73F-AC47-4DB3-A6AF-1CC2BFC70501.jpeg

Haegar, TFBraden, Duckdog and 25 others like this.
  17. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    @cigarrodog Looks good Harvey. If my memory is correct, I think it looks very familiar.

This is my current favorite. A141595D-E14B-45AE-B6AC-7CE854ED3AF4.jpeg

18. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    243ED55B-944E-4E8D-8AE6-1136BDEE7D2F.jpeg I do not remember where I bought the 293Y Trapper, probably the hardware store, but I carried it ~ and used it ~ all through college in the ‘70s, well up into the ‘90s. I thought it was the ideal knife for me, and it cleaned many rabbits and squirrels, as well as at least one deer.

At some point, I saw them being closed out somewhere, and bought another. It is still in it’s tube, never used.

The 881Y and 808Y Stockman knives were very thoughtful gifts from @r8shell.
    I’m going to give my Peanut a break, and tote the 808 for awhile ~ it is a GREAT little knife.

19. rswanson

rswanson Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Lots of cool knives in pockets today! Maybe not the coolest but every once in a while ya gotta go peanut...

[​IMG]

20. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018