What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    @Duckdog - hang in there Stuart - I know from experience how much pain spinal problems can give.

JJ, Very, very nice vintage gents knives! OH

@Jack Black - love that fixed blade - that one is as close to the perfect hunters knife as one will get - nice shape (and style) to the blade, and a very nice stag handle. OH

2. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    HI
    GT - I haven't yet received the Compact Mod yet. Hopefully it will arrive soon and then I'll post a review.

3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Stuart, that Texas Jack looks right at home my friend! :thumbsup: Hope you and Miss Norma are doing fine. I know Loki will do his best to help break the monotony! ;)

Looking good there Jack! :thumbsup: I think your chosen trio will get you through regardless of the weather! Have a good day my friend! :)

Duckdog, Reaper AL and Jack Black like this.
  4. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    The art of jigging on display:thumbsup:.
    Fine Crucible and Canton!

JJ Cahill and Reaper AL like this.
  5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Many thanks Bruce, it is one of Sheffield's 'Town Pattern's, called thus because almost every cutler in the town made them once :) That one is known as a 4" Blood Hollow Bowie, which is always pronounced 'Blud Holler' locally :D The original sheaths are of poor quality, but I managed to find an after-market replacement :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Thank you Ron, I hope so :D You too pal :thumbsup:

6. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Pardon the recycled photo, it's a bit dreary outside at the moment. Hoping to be able to get out for a walk and some fresh air today. Back to this Wharny Mini Trapper - one of my favorites. Stay well friends!

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, Pinemoon, Pt-Luso and 25 others like this.
  7. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    @Jack Black ~ It seems our midwestern US weather is doing it’s best imitation of British Isles weather today.
    Windy with something between mist and drizzle. I have heard it called mizzle.

Photos taken quickly in the mizzle... 36D9768C-2F9F-4AE1-8BEF-26EA0F946B76.jpeg
    7E3C30CF-D1FE-4931-A2F4-74503A80D1EF.jpeg

8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I hope I don’t have to get out of the house today. We spent several hours yesterday setting up our home office so Pam could comfortably and efficiently work from home. It could change but for now it’s alternating weeks of three at the office with two home and three at home with two at the office. She’s still working a five day week. I also got the oil and filters to service my mowers for the season ahead. I have two from last years Rendezvous. They’re strictly for CE and CF during the day. Also some oil on the blades and in the joints before they’re put away until the next visit. :)

[​IMG]

I’ve got one of my Silver Alox SAKs, an Electrician, in my pocket to handle any cutting chores that might arise! Y’all stay safe out there! :)

[​IMG]

9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    A fancy #15 will join my Lambsfoot today.
    [​IMG]

10. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

11. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Relaxing today with this Camillus EO.

12. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Those are great photos, Jack! The Hartshead Barlow shines in that rugged setting. :thumbsup: Nice to see your Mauser; I get to visit the one I used to have when I go to my son's house :) (which I can't do until our 'stay at home' status changes in Ohio.

Jack Black likes this.
  13. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    With me on this sunny and windy Sunday is my Blood Red TC Barlow.

IMG_6902.JPG

14. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    @JohnDF gave me the idea yesterday of carrying one that almost got a away today ;)

Case Tribal Lock in the pocket this morning

[​IMG]

TFBraden, cbach8tw, Pàdruig and 32 others like this.
  15. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    When you're totin' the same knife everyday you need to get creative. My attempt today.
    My Lloyd with a water color of the Duomo di Firenze that we purchased, from the artist, on the Pont de Vecchio in Florence, Italy.
    Wishing a safe and peaceful Sunday to all.
    [​IMG]

16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Make them feel loved and wanted. ;)

Crazy Canuck likes this.
  17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Make them feel loved and wanted. ;)

18. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Good morning my friend . Your photo of those 2 superb knives that you got at the 2019 Rendezvous bring great memories to me Ron . We had a blast while there . Stay Safe and Well my friend .

Harry

19. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Utica Cattle punch and an old PAL

[​IMG]

20. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Same as yesterday.

[​IMG]