What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Just finished a FaceTime call with my family for Mother’s Day. Had this Colonial barlow with me the whole time.

2. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Â

3. Trivette100

Trivette100 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2019
    Case Blue Teardrop TB101028/SS:

bluetear.jpg

Mini Review:
    The tang of the open blade of this knife is perfectly flush with the backspring. The closed blade is very slightly off center, but this is difficult for me to see except with a magnifying glass in low, indirect light. The walk and talk and overall fit and finish are excellent, and the thin blade takes an extremely keen edge. In addition to all the above, the unusually beautiful blue Kirinite handles make this knife irresistible to me. It is now my new favorite knife.

4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Hope you like the 301. Built like a tank. And I like that there are three springs, so the middle blade doesn't need krinking. It's no wider than my Schrade stockman, which has two springs. And I like the 420HC steel. And thanks for the compliment, Dean.

Old Hunter, Scott J. and Reaper AL like this.
  5. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Harry! They are both very nice knives. I’m fortunate to have them. Y’all stay safe and wish Nancy a Happy Mother’s Day from Pam and I! :) :thumbsup:

6. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    My Mother’s Day lunch, consisting of a hamburger steak with onions, roasted potatoes, fresh turnip greens and a yeast roll! :D Accompanied by my Sunday Stockman choice. A Buck 319 Rancher made by Camillus. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That looks tasty Ron, hope you enjoyed it my friend :) :thumbsup:

8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you JJ for the nice words. What a wonderful 54&78. Excellent image, too.

Thank you Jack. Your trio carry, today is mighty fine. That WWII fighter is especially nice.

Jack Black and JJ Cahill like this.
  9. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Charmin and the Senator LF
    [​IMG]

Madison Barlow
    FCCF4850-E3CE-4E2E-A04F-418F1027D61A.jpeg

10. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! It was delicious. :) Pam and I were just talking about how much better we’ve been eating during the Stay at Home time. We’re eating better food, saving money and we know the cooks are clean and observing sanitary procedures. ;) Our restaurant dining, especially the fast food portion, will never go back to previous levels. :) :thumbsup:

11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Harvey, great pics :) :thumbsup:

It certainly looked it my friend, I was so busy gawping at the photo, I went to have a drink from an unopened can of beer :D I am getting a little tired of cooking and eating alone, and probably not getting quite as much fresh fruit and veg as usual, but I am eating healthily, and certainly living cheaper. When the mail is back to normal, I think I'll be having a knife splurge! :D :thumbsup:

Reaper AL and Half/Stop like this.
  12. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Jack. Can’t wait to see your cutlery splurge.

13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    :D :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  14. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I’ll trade you a 6 roll pkg of Charmin Ultra Strong Mega Rolls for that beautiful Madison Barlow! I’d even pay shipping both ways Harvey! :rolleyes: :eek: :D

15. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I haven’t done much swapping around lately, just this schrade cut and the douk douk (but no douk today).

45191049-4CED-43EC-8464-75638C6CFF47.jpeg

16. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Happy Sunday all.

[​IMG]

17. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2016
    I’m carrying these two today. I don’t carry a trapper as often as I should, it use to be my most carried pattern. Me and the trapper pattern have a long history. Growing up one of my mentors carried a old chestnut bone Case cv trapper. He and I would spend weeks camping and fishing on the gulf coast of Florida. I was in awe how the almost black spey blade made easy work of a cooler full of fish. I had a yellow cv trapper in my pocket the day I married my wife. The day my son was born I had a red bone cv trapper with me. A Case mini trapper yellow CV has been on my want list for a long time, think I will finally get one on order this week! Ok enough rambling. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
    62263B62-30CB-4FBF-A4D8-50CC069A7C48.jpeg

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  18. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you for the tempting offer, Ron.:D You’ve been posting a slew of fine sharps. That white bone hafted WCLF is a gorgeous unicorn.

19. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Such a pretty knife I really wanted, I hope I can get over the terrible action. The lock up is rock solid, but it's so weird that that there's nice tension on opening until 90 degrees then there's nothing between 90 and 135 degrees.[​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, Filip.J and 17 others like this.