What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Four handsome knives GT :) That's a great pic of the RR Canoe, the covers are much better-looking in your photo than any of the dealer pics I've seen :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much JJ :) :thumbsup:

I always look forward to seeing these two, something very special about them :) :thumbsup:

Very cool Dave :cool: :thumbsup:

What a great pair Dylan! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Edit - Forgot to post my carry! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  2. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today in my pocket I carry this Portuguese Francisco Cangueiro in horn.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt

Aug 6, 2020
    [​IMG]
    Dorgales of Davide Steri. San-Mai steel and amboina burr

[​IMG]

4. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, Gary.:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Pt-Pinto and chuck4570 like this.
  5. Aryan29

Aryan29 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Setter in wood for Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

colin.p, Reaper AL, Pt-Luso and 28 others like this.
  6. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    50B98D2A-42A8-4D3E-8F2C-222FFCBDEFA6.jpeg FC9F1EC5-C836-4D89-A1A6-58D6F1528BB6.jpeg

This is my favorite of all the Forum Knives, and perhaps the best of the 35’s. (Of course, the 85 pattern Forum Knife has eluded me so far, and that one could take the top spot.) Thank you John @Chief for making this one available to me. One more off my wishlist!

@Corto_Malt , that San Mai is gorgeous. I am glad that I do not have access to the type of beautiful knives you own. My collection would certainly be out of control!

Reaper AL, Chief, Pt-Luso and 30 others like this.
  7. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

8. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    [​IMG]
    looks like I have some messages to get caught up on! I’ll check them out at work. Happy Wednesday!

9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
  10. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Wood Wednesday, Camillus and Eagle, bocote and ebony. 4C8D4333-F321-48E4-BE4C-C0F357C24A09.jpeg E2EA7106-AEFE-4022-96BF-71EF53C77692.jpeg

11. sbh06

sbh06 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2015
    [​IMG]

12. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    schrade usa 940t

13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    It's so nice seeing somebody still laying things out on paper instead of a computer program. :cool::thumbsup:

14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

15. sbh06

sbh06 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2015
    It helps me to visualize things better by writing them down, though I wish I weren't doing this one...I knocked my brick mailbox over with my camper and it broke apart so I drew out the design to build a new one.

16. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I'm with you on that one John, I carry either Fieldnote or Moleskin notebooks and have pages of sketches, dimensions, reminders and any sort of helpful info in them. Nanc, however has not been fond of me forgetting one or several in the washer over the years:eek:

17. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Nice Churchill Dan, such a great knife. My ebony is a favorite user of mine and the smoothest GEC I own:thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    chuck4570 and EngrSorenson like this.
  18. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Same here :) I carry Field Notes and the Rite in the Rain Memo Books, got a drawer full of them :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Same here guys. I have a field notes notebook in each of my vehicles. :cool::thumbsup:

chuck4570, sbh06 and Jack Black like this.
  20. EngrSorenson

EngrSorenson Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Thank you very much Paul! It's such a well designed knife. It's straight forward, simple, and has all the makings of a knife that has a long wear life. Mine's a favorite user of mine as well- she gets kicked out of the pocket in the name of variety, but no other knife I own has peeled more wood. I was really hoping for another Churchill run with these recent #35 Beer and Sausage knives, but alas... I'll get my "back up" some other year, I hope. As much as I love other knives, if I had to pick one? This one would probably be it.

Reaper AL and Leslie Tomville like this.