What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
  2. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Bermuda Green and Osage Orange for me today.
    JK Bluegill flanked by a Mini Copperlock and my Peanut.

[​IMG]

3. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    @5K Qs this one comes in at 3 5/8” closed.

[​IMG]

4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That's a great looking little fixed blade. :cool::thumbsup:

chuck4570 and Jack Black like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That looks like a very handy pairing. :cool::thumbsup:

scrteened porch and chuck4570 like this.
  6. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gary. Your RR half whittler does not have a flaw; it has a feature.

It's always nice to see your sleek unclothed Imperial Diamond Edge, Gary.

chuck4570 likes this.
  7. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    A black Case jackknife.

IMG_8854.JPG

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    1E30247B-9827-4FE8-A4FD-C88211202F37.jpeg

Old Hunter, Travman, ISKRA and 29 others like this.
  9. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I recommend this approach. You get that long-time-bonding with your every day knife, and still get to change things up daily. It's the best of both worlds.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
    2F3BF170-7E39-42EA-BCB2-B80F4CA6CB42.jpeg

11. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    It was a good run. I might have to give it a try (but I think I'd have to rotate a 2nd choice in there to keep it company from time to time).

12. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Greg and the ole Case does have a nice honest smooth pocket worn feel to it. The owner cared for this knife and it shows. It has it's share of battle scars over the years and when I post a pic of the pen you'll see it was the owners favorite blade:) Also the repair near the EO notch was done well, not perfect but enough to accomplish the task at hand. I enjoy imagining the life a vintage knife has lived and the owner who cared for it all those years:)

13. Jerbhola89

Jerbhola89 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2020
    Truth to that!

My issue is similar in a way. I have a few staples - the B&S (since I got it), my Cadet, and a Rambler on my keys, that seem inseparable from my body. Then I try to mix in another blade so it’s not boring and I can accommodate other tasks (usual a knife with a sheepsfoot or wharncliffe).

But then I have the problem of carrying too much! So do I drop one of the staples so it’s not as bland? Or simply only rotate out one blade - which gets boring as well?

I think this classifies as a “first world problem”....

sunknife and chuck4570 like this.
  14. Bastler

Bastler Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2020
    Today was the last harvest before the frost. We have a lot of butternut squash that are still green and we're not sure what to do with them.

[​IMG]

15. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    These two for me today, Happy Friday!

[​IMG]

16. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Fedex was good to me yesterday.:) They delivered this Case SS Pocket Worn Harvest Orange Bone Sod Buster Jr.. I really like it I'll carry it today and break it in.

[​IMG]

17. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    Been carrying this one (mostly) daily since March. I too will carry more then one knife to give others some pocket time.
    [​IMG]

18. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Thank you, John! I can't recommend @JK Knives and his Bluegill enough. My most carried fixed blade by far.

I've been doing this for ~4.5 years. My Peanut is always with me (even if it isn't in a photo), and the rest are up for daily decisions. It's fantastic. You create a bond with a knife you already like while still experiencing all the fun stuff about new knives. You might even find out that a certain pattern doesn't work as well as you expected or a knife you didn't have much of an opinion on at the beginning winds up being your favorite after continued carry. I still haven't found something better than my Peanut for a true edc, and I may never find one. I'm going to have fun doing research, though. ;)

guy g, Trvr, JohnDF and 2 others like this.
  19. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
  20. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    I should do this with my Lambsfoot, as it is a small and easy to carry knife. The lambsfoot also handles about any task I need.

Jack Black, Wurrwulf and chuck4570 like this.