1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  2. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    India Steel Works

[​IMG]

3. OldHercDude

OldHercDude

Jun 28, 2020
    That's one I hadn't seen - very nice color! :thumbsup:

solphilos likes this.
  4. chuko

chuko Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    This here.....just a beat up bit razor sharp Uncle Henry. Chuko Jr. AKA Erik
    CE9FCFDD-2888-4EA8-932A-FE1CC0E185BD.jpeg

5. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    What do you think about the quality of this knife, Gev? I've seen one before online, but never held or used one and have been curious about it. I like the pattern and looks of it very well.

6. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    12EF595A-4028-47E7-89FE-B1382DC4A1B9.jpeg A1A00DA0-40A3-489A-8C4D-926671732848.jpeg BC06C9D7-A743-4BCC-ADB3-63549EEFB1F4.jpeg

My goodness, our 2020 Forum knife is something else! Ram’s Horn!

I only planned to keep one, but which one? Which one would you pick?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  7. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    The India Steel Works John Primble's were top quality, as is this one. The half stop is off on the main on this one, but otherwise it's a gem. Tight snappy with great fitment. YMMV.Maybe @waynorth has a few and opinion

8. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Leslie Tomville likes this.
  9. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    The few Primbles that are not subcontracts that I have managed to hang on to, are exceptional! Well made, both the German ones, and early USA ones!!:cool: Primble Eureka 1.jpg Primble Eureka 2.jpg Primble Eureka 3.jpg Primble Eureka 4.jpg Primble Eureka 5.jpg

10. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Beautiful bone you have there my friend.

11. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Another!!:D Primble Ger .jpg Primble Ger 1.jpg Primble Ger 2.jpg Primble Ger 3.jpg Primble Ger 4.jpg

12. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Exceptional indeed...wow.:eek:..wow !!!!! Thank you for your insight and the treats, fine Sir !!!:D The first one will haunt me forever
    :D:p:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Much appreciated my friend :thumbsup::)

13. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Very nice. Do the blades have a bit of snap to them? I've been thinking about getting one of those (I have the black one).

14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

15. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you very much, Jack!!!
    A very fun and cool pairing; you really knocked the center out of that target, great shooting/slinging!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  16. Auglaize117

Auglaize117 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Great combo for me.....
    20201116_175237.jpg

17. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Fiddling with these two today and they ended up in my pocket. :)
    [​IMG]

18. runninmike

runninmike

Oct 19, 2005
    Hi! It doesn't have a powerful snap like my older buck 300 series' knives but, acceptable...I also have a yellow 301 which is called a comfort craft due to it's slightly rounded bolsters and I guess the smooth blade actions and also a newer black sawcut derlin 301 and they both have a little more walk and talk and all 3 stay open firm, not lazy, but not really very snappy imo...I like them quite a bit and would buy them again
    Ps. The bolsters are very slightly rounded on the 303 as well and the wood is inscribed by Chuck Buck on the other side-cheers!

19. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Wow! You got a couple fine examples! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    If I were in your shoes, I’d keep the darker one. Those stripes on the mark side look great.

Gevonovich and Leslie Tomville like this.
  20. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Of your many wonderful knives Gev, this one is a favorite of mine as it must be for you:thumbsup::)

Jack Black likes this.