1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    5B332CBB-FDA7-49F9-B4B1-63B76F79211D.jpeg 604E9E72-ED61-4F25-8CF0-CFF7E9A30302.jpeg

Thank you @pmek5 and @JTB_5 . I feel the same way Joshua. If this was the only knife I owned, I would be happy and satisfied. It has also been a pleasure getting to know Tony. He is not just a great knife maker, he is also a great person.

@Will Power , “A new dimension has opened....” Haha Will, you are correct, and this is the final dimension. No place to go after Tony Bose.

You are two people whose opinions I greatly respect @Old Hunter and
    @Peregrin . Much appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  2. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Son of a gun...this gets me everytime!! What a beauty! Any chance you could tell me the length of the blade...:D

Reaper AL and Corto_Malt like this.
  3. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    Not a pretty photo...but at least its being put to use. :D Love the primitive bone #23...have a primitive bone #74 on the way for a matching set. So excited!!
    B39754A6-A1D5-4ECF-B9B2-9708C00CAF8A.jpeg
    It’s friday folks! Make the best of it, we will never get this one back! Haha.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  4. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
  5. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
  6. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Thanks Jack :cool::cool::thumbsup::D

Jack Black likes this.
  7. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    When you buy those nice TC Barlows on the secondary market that's the food you have to eat for a few years! OH

KnifeandEasy, Reaper AL and pmek5 like this.
  8. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Splendid stag on a beautiful pocketknife! OH

Reaper AL and Leslie Tomville like this.
  9. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    It is indeed a crazy year Vince! :( Y’all stay safe out there! :thumbsup:

Thanks Ed! Buy your wife a new knife! That always makes me feel good! ;) That #73 is definitely a Feel Good kind of knife! Y’all have a great holiday! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! My daughter fully understands the dangers. We had rather be safe than sorry! Thanks for the compliment my friend! :) :thumbsup:

10. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt

Aug 6, 2020
    Thanks.
    2.76 inches ;)

Sharp & Fiery likes this.
  11. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    I totally agree with you! What a wonderful knife! It just doesn't get any better then that.

12. SCFlyGuy

SCFlyGuy

Oct 17, 2015
    While these choices are difficult and painful, take solace in knowing that you MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. We always host the family at Thanksgiving, but we decided to forgo those plans this year. There will be future celebrations and best to enjoy those with the full compliment of family and friends rather than staring at an empty seat.

r8shell, Peregrin and Half/Stop like this.
  13. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Today's tote is the very well made is my BladeForums Sailor's Rope knife.

IMG_9052.JPG

14. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    @Half/Stop
    You made the right call, Ron. We've had to make different plans here too. Better to be safe then sorry.

Coffin Jack in the pocket today. A great pattern given to me by some great guys.That handful of quarters is for my grandsons that are 2 and 4 years.
    [​IMG]

15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  16. chuko

chuko Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Taking it to a time way back when. Good solid WR Case & Sons stag lobster pattern. F1369CDB-D81B-4FF9-998F-AA1101742707.jpeg 222A1C54-16A8-420E-9614-C6C183EADBE6.jpeg 1D627D8D-C5E7-4B16-956A-7FE4FFC87896.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Gary! We know it was the right decision, but that doesn’t make it any easier! :( I love that Coffin Jack. :cool: I really should carry mine more often! Stay safe pal! :) :thumbsup:

Peregrin likes this.
  18. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    A couple of Jacks today

[​IMG]

19. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    A new dimension has opened :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Will

Gevonovich and Leslie Tomville like this.
  20. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Really admire the bone on those, one of the best Collab scales :thumbsup: as Miles Davis noted, Birth of The Cool :cool:

Peregrin likes this.