1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Have a good weekend, folks!
    I don't generally carry a knife in my watch pocket. I figured I'd drop one in there today. Boker gents knife, Damascus and Thuya burl.
    [​IMG]

2. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  3. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    In addition to the Boker in my watch pocket, I've got these two with me today. Is three enough? Only the Shadow knows....
    [​IMG]

4. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks for that moment of clarity. I’ve always thought of it as the ‘19 Blade Forums sheepfoot jack, but it is indeed a sailor’s rope knife. Mount a shackle, and it would be a clone of the Camillus issue Navy knife. Not the larger Coast Guard/life raft one, the one that looks just like...that:D

Of course your equipment gives you no trouble, Harry~ you’re a guy who takes care of your stuff. Always nice to see those two knives, buddy!
    You remind me that I need to put my catcher system up in the shed. Got the wagon hitched up now for moving firewood.

Congrats! That’s a real fine knife.
    You’re not kidding about the hunt for new GEC knives! Get an email about open reservations, see it within an hour...RESERVATIONS CLOSED.:D
    More power to them! Glad to see them succeeding in business, and happy for those who snag them.
    I like the fixed blade, Jack. Curious about the sheath ~ belt vertical or horizontal, or pocket carry? Do you need to keep it discrete?

When my son and his wife lived in “Edinbruh”, they missed Thanksgiving, so they started hosting a Friendsgiving for friends to let their Scot friends taste ‘Mercan food.
    Memory flashback. When I was a kid, I found a pheasant’s nest full of eggs. Every day, I checked it, until one day, I found a three foot long fox snake coiled up on it with three egg bulges in it’s belly.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Jack Black, RDaneel, Dschal and 4 others like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Feels like a Lambsfoot kinda day...
    [​IMG]

6. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    You can't go wrong with a 110 (unless you're wearing dress pants)[​IMG]

7. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I don’t have a 14 forum knife but I’ll agree with you. Two fine examples:thumbsup:

8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  9. Archie

Archie Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 4, 1998
    The 66 Jacks were out in force (relatively speaking) yesterday. I regret selling the one I had for a little while...can't remember why I got rid of it.

runninmike and Jack Black like this.
  10. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Camillus TL-29

11. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    It most certainly does!

Pt-Luso and JohnDF like this.
  12. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    This showed up yesterday afternoon, it’s going to spend the day with me today!
    FEB1C8F9-68C9-42BC-B806-A815E0BF90F7.jpeg

13. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Bullnose and a Coast Cutco Stockman

[​IMG]

14. OldHercDude

OldHercDude

Jun 28, 2020
    Very nice! Beautiful wood. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

15. OldHercDude

OldHercDude

Jun 28, 2020
    Nice-looking materials combo. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. ed_is_dead

ed_is_dead Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2010
    [​IMG]

17. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Dress pants? Oh you mean jeans that don’t have dirt, sawdust, and diesel fuel on them.
    Yet.
    I really like this one!

r8shell and Jack Black like this.
  18. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Carried these two as a pair the other day so, thought I give em a try again today.

[​IMG]

19. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Cuts like the dickens.

20. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Jeff. I just used the name of the knife from the tube. :):D

Amir Fleschwund likes this.