1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    So is that lady in red :D:thumbsup:

paulhilborn likes this.
  2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    The 71’s are great knives. That’s a great family you’ve got Barrett! :) :thumbsup:

Nice pairing Paul! The Teardrop Jacks are great little knives. Well worth the modest cost. :) :thumbsup:

Reaper AL, paulhilborn and btb01 like this.
  3. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Nice collection Barrett:cool::thumbsup:

btb01 likes this.
  4. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I am getting myself reacquainted with the Gunstock pattern.

[​IMG]

Spaten, Reaper AL, sunknife and 27 others like this.
  5. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Nice knife and cigar!

Reaper AL and Pàdruig like this.
  6. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I have just had one made. It's on it's way, but with xmas and everything else that has been going on, don't know when it will arrive.

7. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Lambsfoot of the Week is Union Jack, an A Wright & Son rosewood lambsfoot my wife and daughter got for me in a hardware store in York, England:
    UJ.mark.Vflat.post.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a horn Joker:
    horn18.mark.open.jpg

Peanut-like Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag bone cotton sampler (only like a peanut because it's small :rolleyes:):
    scs.mark.V.chair.jpg

- GT

Spaten, Reaper AL, sunknife and 26 others like this.
  8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    They got the bolsters and handles right on that one, they are great. :cool::thumbsup:
    I really wish they had done that same setup with a clip point or drop point blade.
    RR seems to be on a kick of running "unique" knives lately. o_O

9. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I have both of these in the small and large both with smooth bone, great knives, i use for slicing and cutting cheese. But what you say is correct, the above bone with a clip point, and i'm all over it. I hope they get back to just making some old patterns.

Misplaced Hillbilly and JohnDF like this.
  10. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Thanks Ron, I agree with the well worth the modest cost statement. This knife is very well executed, centered and solid blades, flush in all three positions, very nice jigged bone but I feel the Case Bose knives are a notch above the others for fit and finish. Now if they pinned the shields;):thumbsup:

Marlingspike12 likes this.
  11. Aryan29

Aryan29 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Buck102 and Laguiole Nature in wood,
    [​IMG]

Spaten, Reaper AL, sunknife and 26 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great pic JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Interesting to see the cant on blade of your Humphrey's Radiant Ron (it has lovely bone too). Mine are by TEW, and the cant of the blade is very different, as you can see :eek: :D Great to see that Stanley still make those knives :cool: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Nice collection Barrett! :cool: :thumbsup:

I miss going to Barnitt's hardware store :( Smashing trio of knives Gary :) :thumbsup:

Stan Shaw has been very much in my thoughts these past few days, and particularly so today, on his 94th birthday, Carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot, along with my regular Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    I carry this Bulldog Barlow in Ram's horn on my pocket.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. ed_is_dead

ed_is_dead Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2010
    The scales look great. I just don't get the choil/tang dohickey with this pattern. Maybe in the hand it might make more sense.

15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks, my amigo!
    I’ll bet a LOT of people have one of those Stanleys in their tool pouch or tool box. I’ve had one for a long time.It sharpens easily, which is good because it always gets used on things I’d never touch with a decent pocket knife ~ like asphalt shingles, sandpaper...
    I wonder where I left it?

16. Haegar

Haegar

Apr 28, 2020
    My knife for today is my Citadel Coubi. Citadel is a company out of Cambodia led by a Frenchman.

A great little knife with a N690 Blade, black Horn and framelock. One of the sharpest knifes out of the box I have.

Recycled picture due to bad weather.

Gerd
    [​IMG]

17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Wishing Stan a very Happy Birthday.

A beautiful and fitting carry for today. :cool::thumbsup:

18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Totin' an A Wright Lamb and an Old Queen Stockman for Wooden Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

Spaten, Reaper AL, sunknife and 21 others like this.
  19. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    A great trio of International knives Gary! :) :thumbsup:

I agree on all points Paul. Pam and I along with the Etters were lucky to be able to have a private factory tour at Case in 2019! The Bose inspired knives uch as the Teardrop Jack are made on the factory floor along with the regular production. The Case Bose Collaborations are made in a separate area, (not part of the tour)! All assembly and finishing are carried out by a select group of people. :) :thumbsup:

There is quite a lot of difference in the cant of the blades Jack. Most probably differing between makers. That's another great stag knife from Stan. :cool: The man really knows his craft. The stag Hartshead is always a pleasure to see! Stay well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

That is one of the knives that would probably amaze us if we knew how many were actually used everyday Jeff! :) :thumbsup:

Reaper AL, guy g, paulhilborn and 2 others like this.
  20. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Versatile wooden pairing there John. :) :thumbsup: