What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    HJ6_rebels.jpg

2. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    A fave with me today.
    E177DD01-CD87-4262-86CD-E09D6B64F8B0.jpeg
    A great day to all.

3. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    I just found this pioneer at an antique store. It was labeled as a farmer, but there's no saw. It appears to be practically unused - what looks like the factory edge still pops hair. I paid about 1/3 of what I paid for my electrician, so I'm pretty happy about that.
    [​IMG]

4. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Love that! I remember when I was a kid, and saw the movie Jaws in the theater. Before the movie started they showed the Patterson film of Bigfoot. By the time that night was over I was terrified (and hooked). I didn’t go in the water or the woods for months!:D
    01398629-5A47-48C4-B5C3-803605C20450.jpeg
    The “Patterson poise!”:D
    8BCFFD0F-9E5D-42EF-9D4A-D5FF49FF554A.jpeg
    Hey, big fan also of the “B&C-less” #15 B&C. Just wondering, has that hole caused any issues with the knife BESIDES resale value?;):thumbsup: I think I did get some apple juice in my ebony once!:rolleyes::D (Forgot the pics)
    0BA50740-035F-4784-AB22-5D85745A246B.jpeg 0058F5C5-4E2F-4C6D-9445-77198F60AB53.jpeg

5. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    The Big Foot :eek::eek: Mock its existence at your peril .....;):thumbsup:

Aias, 315, bigfish64 and 2 others like this.
  6. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Camel for me today. Tidioute 38, is spring in the air as a Pruner calls? Not much, the snow's melting but since there's 50 cm of it....rubber boot weather(with clampons).

[​IMG]

7. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Thanks @bigfish64
    Not at all and not that I’ve put through any real hard paces, it’s still lookin’ great!
    The holes also don’t make it all the way through to the blade well. The scale’s holes are wider than the sleeve’s are. I’ve bought four variants of the B&C’s, yet there can only be one, unchained;):thumbsup:

Reaper AL, Aias and bigfish64 like this.
  8. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That one looks too new and shiny... needs more pocket time. ;)

That's a very pretty pairing. :cool::thumbsup:

Unfortunately, he's got a nice small collection of knives but never carries any of them. :(

I've been browsing small fixed blade knives and the Guardian 3 is on my short list. :cool::thumbsup:
    By the way, I heard from Dennis this morning and he's doing good. :):thumbsup:

I have that same knife, it lives in my Jeep.
    I was always fascinated by Big Foot as a kid.

Lol... that's awesome. :cool::thumbsup:

9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Sticking with the Albers Boys Knife for the weekend.
    Also have the Woods Walker out to keep me company doing yard work.
    I can't carry it in my pocket when I go in public, but I'll do what I want here at home. ;)
    [​IMG]

10. norsemedic

norsemedic Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2005
    This one today...
    20210227_073744.jpg

11. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  12. Catdaddy2

Catdaddy2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Picked this one up from overseas. I like it alot. Pretty stiff and no blade wobble(play). I like the imperfections and rustic look of the knife. Could very well make it into the rotation.[​IMG]

13. bigfish64

Apr 9, 2020
    Beautiful sunny morning here, supposed to hit 60 degrees today! :cool: I’ve taken pictures of several knives this morning but I’ll probably be carrying this one today. Always had a thing for tortoise, wish GEC would do more, this is the only one I have, right now anyway. Have a fantastic Saturday everyone!:thumbsup:
    F146634D-35CE-4D39-972B-3C6520CB97C4.jpeg

14. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
  15. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    RF 93 and a Case Barehead Jack

[​IMG]

16. Corto_Malt

Corto_Malt Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 6, 2020
    The handle of this knife is superb. :rolleyes:
    Nice picture

17. bigfish64

Apr 9, 2020
    Beautiful Steve, love natural Micarta and the color and jigging on your Case is super nice!:thumbsup::):thumbsup:

SteveC likes this.
  18. sf fanatic

sf fanatic Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Going with my Lloyd Wharncliffe today. :)
    68F8460C-DC63-493B-A641-79CAB5424EF0.jpeg

19. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Aw, shucks - twarn't nuthin'! :oops:;)

Very nice pairing, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I think of the GEC 66 as the Calf Roper stockman, and often forget about all the other interesting configurations of that frame.

I don't really know exactly what a "premium stockman" is, but I'd sure call that Camillus premium, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm usually not a fan of camel bone and the uneven dye it often has, but your blue one is an exception! That reminds me of summer sky, which looks fantastic to me at this time of year! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Epitome of elegance for a pocket knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

That knife is "cream of the crop" :thumbsup::cool::cool:, but your lunch looks kind of "bottom of the barrel." :rolleyes:

But we'd have been deprived of a heck of a story! :eek:
    Classic pair of knives, Joshua! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:cool::thumbsup:

Astounding photo showing off the charms of a couple of vintage knives, Harry! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Couple of very cool Catts, JJ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Dean. :) That sums up my reaction every time I look at it.

Looks great with the grass starting to poke out of the snow! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Delightful duo, Jon! :cool::cool::thumbsup: But your words had me grinning at an image of you coming at some situation with a spearpoint protruding from each fist... :D

:D:thumbsup::D

Yeah, I definitely like the EO (but there are many who just as definitely think it spoils the pattern.)
    I still think it's quite a coincidence that your melt water ice lump looks remarkably like the head of the fish on your SAK! ;)

Jack, I'm a Damascus neophyte, so really have nothing to which I can compare my RR. It's certainly far better than a couple of knives I have with "damascus-etched" blades! :eek:
    Your HHB and GEC 66 make a productive pair! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

20. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Handsome half whittler, Will! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That's certainly part of its charm! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ain't that the truth! :eek::rolleyes: I convinced my wife that, at least for this first year of Medicare for her, we should both go with the Medicare Advantage plan I've been using for several years, since I'm familiar with it and can help her out if questions come up.

Old, but with plenty of work left in those blades! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Striking covers on that duo, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Really attractive knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    Are there other knives with sawcut WOOD covers? I think that's really desirable!

I always say: Come to The Porch for the knives, stay for the philosophy and life coaching! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

I learn something new almost every day! ;):cool: I must have been thinking of a pony keg of Barlows. :rolleyes:

The black and silver make that a very dignified Barlow, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Splendid BF Viper, Alan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
    I hope your recuperation is going well. :thumbsup::) (Yesterday I got my first dose of COVID vaccine, so I'm rather excited about that!)

Ravishing red bone, Tim! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: RR half whittler?

I haven't baled hay for over 50 years, but I'm sure glad that back when I did, we weren't trying to lug around "bales" THAT size!! :eek: At the end of a day, 50-pounders had usually done me in. ;)

Not really oldies, but certainly goodies, Steve (especially the ebony Churchill)! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT