What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Love it PXL_20210301_220026119.NIGHT~2.jpg

2. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    For the evening
    2E4363D6-78C5-42B8-B98E-4705AE603450.jpeg
    Have a great one all.

3. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you very much, Jack!!!
    Super cool pairing with your Hartshead Barlow and the Stan Shaw Ruler knife; the Stan Shaw is an awesome "Metal Monday" addition!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Starting the week with these two Remington jacks, the Big Jack made by Camillus. :)
    [​IMG]

5. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  6. Spencergarden

Spencergarden

May 28, 2016
    I've struck out on all of the GEC knives I tried to buy in the last year or so. The thrill of the hunt is fun, but it's discouraging to whiff so many times in a row, and I'm probably about to miss another. I might stop trying soon.

I don't mean to complain too much though, and I'm not sad about it right now; it's making me grateful for the small collection I have already. This Beer Scout in particular is my favourite knife, and I carry it all the time, including today. I wish I had a bottle of beer to open with it, but I've got cans, so again, no real complaints.

[​IMG]

7. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
  8. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
  9. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Ti anodizing, and mods Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
  10. rcs86

rcs86 Wanna be lawn master/duck hunter Platinum Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2018
    Looks nice! What kind of turntable is that? Also, I followed the video you posted about tying that leather lanyard and it worked well! Thanks!

Un-Chained, Aias and TheFactor like this.
  11. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Schrade stockman today,

Schrade stockman - 1.jpeg

12. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Thank you ! It’s a Pro-ject Debut Carbon Esprit . Wonderful sound and depth :thumbsup:
    Oh man your very welcome ! That’s great I was hoping that video would help you out and get you started with lanyards.
    [​IMG]

13. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I'm just getting a bit caught up, Jack, and I read of Stan Shaw's passing. My sincerest condolences to you - what a tragic loss. My thoughts are with you, as well as his family.

A couple in dark jigged bone for me today (I finally landed one these Winchesters).

[​IMG]

14. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre

Dec 17, 2004
    [​IMG]

Yesterday's pair, sodbuster for outside chores, and the ½ half whittler around the house.

15. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Two really nice looking knives, the color on your sodbuster is fantastic!:thumbsup:

Un-Chained, Ice Tigre and CelloDan like this.
  16. Ice Tigre

Ice Tigre

Dec 17, 2004
    Thank you! I must admit that sodbuster wasn't what I was expecting, having ordered it on a pic of a verry deep even dark brown.

Any small disappointment was momentary, I've always loved the gradient and variation of bone, especially on Case knives. A lot of guys complain that Case dye jobs aren't more even, but its one thing I really enjoy about them.

Lighter and redder than I ever would have expected, it really is a gorgeous handle.

guy g, Jerbhola89, JohnDF and 2 others like this.
  17. Getting older

Getting older

Jan 3, 2016
    You wouldn't happen to be around shelby oh ?

18. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Many thanks JJ, that is a pairing I always look forward to seeing, just fabulous :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Dylan :) Congratulations on the Winchester buddy :thumbsup:

I'm carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot today, along with a Sheffield Lambsfoot, which @jsdistin rebuilt, and recovered in African Blackwood :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

(The marmalade was a gift for Stan's 90th birthday.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  19. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    I carry today this A.Wright & Son, Lamb foot (SFO Jack Black) in Ebony wood.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Couldn’t agree more, love the contrast, Case covers are top notch in my opinion.:thumbsup:

Aias and Ice Tigre like this.