Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Gary W. Graley, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Trivette100

Trivette100 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2019
    Victorinox Floral Knife

floral.jpg
    it's a chisel grind, which I may not like, but it can always be reprofiled,

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Spaten, Scott J., Just Tom. and 7 others like this.
  2. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    There's probably a theory involved.

Trivette100 likes this.
  3. CHNeal

CHNeal Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I have another hunch... 1350B12E-240A-45AB-87D9-2208C43447EE.jpeg

4. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    I actually enjoy the time between ordering and receiving... usually.;) Lately deliveries seem to be taking 2-3 times longer than they used to in the recent past.:( Posting here is in an effort to try and minimize some of the anticipation that has been building during the last few days.
    Once again I was helped by an expert enabler. (who shall remain nameless) His excellent photos, post and taste in cutlery aided me in this decision.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    To me, using stimulus money properly meant funding the knife industry and because I desperately needed more micarta,:eek: I selected an Italian made knife purchased from an American provider. All I have to do now is wait... about twice as long as I have already.:)

Here's a pic of a Fox Livro (that I've been looking at almost hourly for several days) taken by my friend @Will Power...
    [​IMG]

...mine is scheduled to arrive in only 4 more days.:cool:

Spaten, sunknife, Scott J. and 8 others like this.
  5. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @redsparrow I hope it meets with your approval (and arrives soonish):D Deliveries inside countries at the moment are slower but international deliveries :eek: French knife took a fortnight to arrive, usually 4 or 5 days and a knife rehandled by jsdistin was last heard of in Chicago airport on 29th March:eek: franky, think I won't be seeing it:rolleyes:.

redsparrow likes this.
  6. redsparrow

Oct 3, 2014
    Will, I've looked at the Livri for a couple weeks now and I've been finding only good reviews, pretty sure it's a huge winner. I like the lack of a nail nick, the M390, have a thing for micarta and don't currently have any in green. Weighting just over an ounce sounds good too. I've been carrying a lot of 95-100 mm knives lately so I wouldn't mind if it was a tad longer. It's in my preferred carry size so I think it's going to be great... we'll soon see. :)
    I do hope that your jsdistin re-handled shows up real soon. The way things are today it's more than entirely possible. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. StubbyThumbnail

StubbyThumbnail Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2016
    I looking forward to you getting yours and your review. I'm looking for a good summer carry that is not carbon and this looks like it might fit the bill very well.
    Rick

8. redsparrow

Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks Rick. I should have a Livri early next week and will be glad to share my observations. I do want to mention; when ordering mine, the only Forum supporting dealer that had them in stock was KnifeCenter. They may be selling out elsewhere, thought you should know.

9. Tjstampa

Tjstampa Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2019
    I have a new buck 301. Supposed to be here Tuesday. I’ll come back and add a picture when it gets here.

TheFactor, Scott J. and redsparrow like this.
  10. CHNeal

Nov 24, 2019
    Hunch paid off! Arrived today never used in box still sporting factory oil and covered in decades of tarnish. Tomorrow morning after a good cleaning and a light polish it will look as new as it actually is. A1B4C6F3-50C0-4619-BDA7-5D634B7711F3.jpeg

Fixall, Spaten, K33ncutter and 14 others like this.
  11. Trivette100

Trivette100 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2019
    Indeed, after about a minute on the Sharpmaker, the floral knife was fiendishly sharp!
    Assuming a 20° bevel for the (one-sided) chisel grind, this actually is an inclusive edge angle of 20°, since the other side is a 0° flat grind. (Actually it is a hollow grind, but "flat" will get the idea across.) Normally I use Spyderco's recommendation of a 40° inclusive edge angle, so a 20° inclusive edge is about half of that. Normally this would be a very sharp but rather fragile edge. However, it actually is just as strong as a 40° inclusive edge divided equally for each side. Try to visualize it, and this will become obvious.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    mbkr, Scott J. and scrteened porch like this.
  12. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    In a moment of weakness, I took a plunge and picked up my first Case Bose on the exchange. Can't wait for my Norfolk Whittler to arrive next week!

Cutfinger, Old Engineer, mbkr and 2 others like this.
  13. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Gec 62 Pocket carver “my new favorite” :D
    Sporting Natural Linen Micarta.
    In flight as we speak :thumbsup:

TrainedBullets and Scott J. like this.
  14. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
  15. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    I just ordered a GEC 06 Templar. I went back and forth on it all morning and got tired of over thinking it and said the heck with it and pulled the trigger. It's just so small and acrylic, but something about was just calling my name. So we'll see.[​IMG]

16. CHNeal

Nov 24, 2019
    Just picked this up from a member here. These big 307 make me wish I needed more knife and liked belt carry! E4C090E9-91B3-4173-B481-2FE52FBCCAA1.jpeg

17. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I sure do like the looks of that fixed blade Greg .

Harry

sunknife likes this.
  18. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    SK Blades is having a Memorial Day sale. Finally wore me down ;)
    Ranger 212 on order:
    ranger212small.jpg

19. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    A pair of Mora 510 Allround.

scrteened porch and Scott J. like this.
  20. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Just paid for this at the big auction site . Reported to be a Wostenholm . Seller's photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

Last edited: May 25, 2020