1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by WillSwift, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Kevin McGovern

Kevin McGovern KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 31, 2015
    Haven't posted any work in a while. Here's one I'm almost done with. Nitro-v, g-10, stabilized burl. It's a donation to be auctioned off to support an orphanage in Namibia. 20190321_114840.jpg 20190321_114829.jpg

2. Frozen Bear Trading

Frozen Bear Trading KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 22, 2019
    Dang there are some nice shops here. I realise now my shop is just a old crapy dirty shed lol

3. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Noble gesture Kevin

4. Kentucky

Kentucky KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Basic Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Woodworkers axe
    0BAC2375-2468-4348-90BA-B7105B9D34EF.jpeg

5. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    So I stole one out of the last batch as a personal EDC. A Ruger Vaquero with one of my Vaquero models. AEB-L @ 63 (ht by Peters), copper bolster and camel bone handle:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the Ruger and the Browning 1895 are mine, the leatherwork ships out today, as I finished it off yesterday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Five or six more leather projects and then back to another batch of knives.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  6. DeadboxHero

DeadboxHero Triple B Handmade Knives, Big Brown Bear

Mar 22, 2014
    Love the Micarta on this one.

"Nutmeg Maze" by Unique Micarta

[​IMG]

Steel is CPM 4V at 65rc
    That 400grit hand satin finish was brutal

Rocking a 12dps 800 grit resin diamond edge and is 0.007" at the shoulder.

Very slicey.

[​IMG]

The_Iron_Joe, mknife, AVigil and 3 others like this.
  7. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 1, 2013
    Dave, can ya get those darn knives & leather out of the way of those Magnificent Firearms!:p—————————————Beautiful Leather work!;)

8. ashwinearl

ashwinearl KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 9, 2006
    experimental pouch sheath with belt clip, AEB-L blade that will get cord wrapped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. chumaman

chumaman

Nov 13, 2012
    [​IMG]

Last one ...elmax 62HRC

10. AVigil

AVigil Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
  11. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011

Thanks Laurence! Here ya go. The wife's new Golden Boy with some knives from my last batch:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OccamsBlade, mknife, Sam Dean and 4 others like this.
  12. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 1, 2013
    Lol, that looks beautiful! Did “Henry” make that one? How is the action. I’m slowly looking for a Golden or other replica. I’m .44LC or .44 mag. Your thoughts on that Rifle?

13. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005

Make sure the Sheriff (Gene Hackman) doesn't catch up with you and that Henry rifle...

Rhinoknives1 likes this.
  14. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Its great. We have several Henrys, ya can't go wrong. We're looking at one in .357 right now too.

Not to worry we've already saddled up and hit the trail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jwccustom57

jwccustom57 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 13, 2017
    Here's a little 8" EDC with Wenge/White Maple/Chechem Scales. Scales are reinforced with two threaded rods per side. In the first pic it's still loose but I had the very slender strips from bandsaw profiling along the spine side and I though to test the strength of the epoxy. The top one is .045" and the bottom one is only .015". I put quite a bit of force on both and was REALLY surprised how much they bent without breaking! Eventually the thinner one gave way but not at the joint!
    19-4 1.JPG 19-4 2.JPG 19-4 3.JPG

Let me know what you guys think I value all opinions.

OccamsBlade and Natlek like this.
  16. ashwinearl

ashwinearl KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 9, 2006
    Very green Elmax drop point puukko-ish with green G10/grey liners, chocolate sheath with green stitching
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. HSC ///

HSC ///

Nov 7, 2012
    3 modern traditional slipjoints in process, all Damasteel

[​IMG]

18. DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014
    Gluing up, Micarta, blue liners and Corby bolts.

The steel is CPM S125v at 63rc. Stuff is rad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014
    Grinding CPM 15v at 64rc with a 60grit belt.

The bevel would get rust between switch sides and keeping cool with water

[​IMG]

I got it very thin, it has a nice CBN Waterstone edge on it.

[​IMG]

20. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    @DeadboxHero What ? No hand sand finish on this one ? It has only 15 V , big deal .........:p
    Like !