1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Whats one knife you'd bet your life on???

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by joeyza, May 29, 2013.

1. goodeyesniper

goodeyesniper

Aug 31, 2009
    I think you guys are missing the point. I believe he was saying what ONE knife would you choose that could handle each scenario.

2. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Believe it or not, my chef knife (misono Swedish steel sujihiki @ 270mm).

It is so patina'd its nearly stainless, durable (microbevel), light and extremely sharp.

I use this knife about 8-9 hours a day, 6days a week, I guess this knife is an extension of me...

3. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. A.P.F.

A.P.F.

Mar 3, 2006
    As per Skyhorse, an Alox Farmer.

5. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    These are pretty nice knives for all that never say die stuff. Busse NMSFNO.

[​IMG]

6. mr_anderson

mr_anderson

Mar 30, 2004
    My O1 steel Sandshark :D

7. SideTracked

SideTracked

Oct 6, 2012
    Just about any smallish fixed blade with decent steel. The rest is up to me.

8. Bob6794

Bob6794

Apr 21, 2013
    Just like Skyhorse and A.P.F a swiss army knife though not the same one, though it's for 2 stupid reasons. 1) Splinters are annoying I want the tweezers 2) I find the toothpicks to be very handy, you don't want to meet the one other sole survivor who is a beautiful girl and have a chunk of food hanging out of your teeth now would you? You said movie scenario so this is part of the deal.

As for which knife, not sure off hand. I just know I used and abused my swiss army knife I had as a kid and it stood up to it and I am not sure any other knife I have ever owned could do that. And it has never let me down once, I've seen leathermans break enough to not want to rely on them if my life depended on it and I have yet to see a swiss army knife break minus me breaking the plastic side on one I've been carrying for probably 5+years now with my keys.

From that little knife I can probably make whatever other tools I need, if not I am screwed and would be even if I had a bigger/better knife.

9. pilgrimuk

pilgrimuk

Apr 18, 2006
    Ok then; I'll go with my H1. :thumbup:

10. rhwingert

rhwingert Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Sorry, I wouldn't bet my life on any knife.

11. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    LOL wut?...

This thread is just for fun ya know. ;)

12. jc57

jc57 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Machete of some kind. Mandatory in a jungle, can be used for chopping and batonning in the Rockies, and in the post apocalyptic urban world, it's a sword.

13. ericvar101

ericvar101

Feb 24, 2012
    I sould choose a bayonet (that has a GUN attached to the end of it).

14. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    That's cheating... ;)

Definitely preferred though compared to just a knife. :thumbup:

15. gwebb

gwebb Banned BANNED

Jan 5, 2011
    I would carry whatever knife came with a sharpening stone.

16. retzius

retzius

Sep 17, 2009
    I actually did bet my life on a Gerber LMF II in Iraq. Had to cut the power, didn't have time to figure out the lines, stabbed the fuse box a bunch, power went out. The insulated handle worked.

Looks like I'm still alive.

17. PatrickKnight

PatrickKnight

Jan 24, 2012
    In the jungle a machete will outperform any knife period.

Any other time Ratmandu.

18. TwinStick

TwinStick

Jan 21, 2011
    In that type of situation, who would really just carry one ??? Not me. Victorinox Huntsman w/Zermatt sheath w/sharpening steel. Leatherman multi tool w/pliers. BK&T of some sort & an Ontario machete.

If only one. My modified BK&T BK9 rig would be it.

19. Szilard

Szilard

Mar 5, 2012
    If it has to be of knives that I own, I'd take my TGLB or Junglas due to sizing.

20. din

din Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2006
    I have, they're great. you're right, though, we shouldn't complain about such threads when they crop up every nine minutes.

and smatchet.