1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's the right temp?

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by EastCompassoKnivery, Sep 12, 2014.

1. EastCompassoKnivery

EastCompassoKnivery

Feb 26, 2014
    I have finally decided to get my act together and get a little note book for orders and basic information. I am trying to compile info on heat treating and tempering in this journal as well. After searching around I have found temperatures but they are all different, especially when tempering. Basically I just want to hear your guys' opinion on temperatures for various metals. 1095, CPM S35V, and 440-C. I have a heat treating oven so temperature control shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the input guys.