what's your favorite axis lock and why?

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing Archive' started by pjenkins00, Apr 11, 2001.

1. teacher

teacher

Apr 11, 2001
    Hi John,glad to be here! Thanks again for turning me on to this site. Talk w/ you soon.

------------------
    teacher

2. 32055

Mar 15, 2001
    Gotta be my blue 940. Course I just got it today, so who knows. But It's so sweeeeet!!!

3. crecy

crecy

Jan 17, 2001
    I'll have to go for the 710 in the M2 HS version. Someone from here steered me towards the M2 a few months ago and I have to say THANKS!!!!!!

I cut a lot of cardboard etc. and this steel is a Timex. I have not touched the blade with a stone yet only strop and steel. It will still shoot hairs off of my arm.

The 940 is my second favorite, but I tend towards more robust knives. The Osborne is a beauty though.

------------------
    Greg R. Beeman
    Si Vis Pacern Parabellum
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

4. David1967

David1967

May 10, 1999
  5. JayBird

JayBird

Apr 28, 2000
    730 Ares because it fits like it was made for my hand. It carries well and seems well suited for general utility service. And, I like the funky purple and black color scheme.

------------------
    Jay

6. matt

matt

Oct 24, 1998
    My favorite is my 730 ares,unfortunately it is on its way to benchmade with a broken omega spring.Has anyone else had this problem.I do not abuse my knives or anything I was just opening and closing it as I watched tv and I heard a ping sound and bingo one of the springs snapped.I am sure this is a rare occurance.I have already e-mailed benchmade and they said they would repair it so I am looking forward to its return.maybe I should buy a 940 while i wait?