1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Where do you carry your knife?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by mudguard, Oct 3, 2013.

1. northwalesBill

northwalesBill

Sep 3, 2013
    I'm not sure why I haven't thought of this sooner! This is by far the easiest way I've ever carried my Swisschamp. Don't get caught on stuff anymore

2. JustinC25

JustinC25

Aug 4, 2013
    right now I have my Delica in my r/f pocket, Leatherman Wave in a pouch on my left side, and a Foliage Green Ladybug on my keys.
    But I'm at home watching the kids today, so my keys are on the rack.

3. Bufford

Bufford Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Belt carry, folder on right side, fixed on the left, and a small folder clipped to the left pocket.

4. Shrub

Shrub

Feb 7, 2012
    So my issue with this question is simple: Which knife???lol

Sounds like a lot of you guys carry one to two knives.
    Just doesn't work for me. To be fair/honest, yeah, I could
    make it through just about any day, with just my LM Wave.
    I just don't want to. lol.

So right now...
    LM Wave, with after-market pocket clip in my back right pocket.
    Clipped vertical, next to my wallet.

Spyderco Manix 2 XL on right front pocket, clipped.

Inside my front right pocket are a Cold Steel Twist Master, medium size
    clip point in Carbon V and a Victorinox Huntsman.

At about 2:30 on my belt is an all black Benchmade Adamas in
    the factory sheath.

Lastly, an ESEE 4 on the inside of my left ankle.

So, I guess that's 5. I have a tendency to just see one of my
    knives and think of something I like about that knife. Then it's
    somehow in my pocket. lol. Oh well, it's mine...

5. northwalesBill

northwalesBill

Sep 3, 2013
    Yeah I'm definitely a "minimalist" style EDCer. If I added another knife to my Swisschamp on the clip rig above and the Swissclassic on my keychain I might carry my Folts Minimalist neck knife again. I try to carry as little as possible and of what I carry I'd be ok with being stranded somewhere.

6. Gadgetaholic

Gadgetaholic

Nov 5, 2009
    I've got a Victorinox Ranger in a pouch on my belt (right hip), on one set of keys I have a Victorinox Bantam and on another set of keys I have a Victorinox Rambler.
    The main thing is to have some useful tools handy when you need them.

7. pinnah

pinnah

Jul 28, 2011
    Opinel in RFP, Micra in LFP (used a lot more than when on a key chain) with money clip and Wave carried in my day pack.

[​IMG]
    EDC Pair by Pinnah, on Flickr

8. pinnah

pinnah

Jul 28, 2011
    Double post

9. AreBeeBee

AreBeeBee

Sep 3, 2013
    Vic Classic (usually) in RFP; something else — slipjoint or lockback (depends on whim and situation) — in the jeans watch pocket. No belt pouches or sheaths. If I'm toting a fixed blade, it'll be sheathed and in a backpack.

10. AQuenga

AQuenga

Oct 7, 2013
    In...my...pocket...truck...backpack...neck...i think that's it....oh...boot...

11. comis

comis

May 17, 2013
    Knife is usually in the pocket, if needed.

But for MT, these two ways are usually how I carry:

Ranger Band carry:
    [video=youtube;7hB7-TJcXv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hB7-TJcXv4[/video]

Magnetic Carry:
    [video=youtube;OF7TWjo-e5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7TWjo-e5g[/video]

12. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    IWB, right front. Out of the way of my keys and change in my right front pocket. Can occasionally get a little sweaty.

13. LeonJ

LeonJ

Feb 12, 2013
    Right front pocket, the smaller right front pocket, left back pocket, right hoodie pocket, front left of belt for small horizontal carry knives (e.g. Izula), left side belt for large knives (kukri etc.) right side belt for medium knives (Mora, Ka-bar etc.), back of belt for either a medium or small knife.

Not on my person would be bag straps, seat belts, and at one time a table leg.

14. northwalesBill

northwalesBill

Sep 3, 2013
    Comis
    Nice videos! Seems pretty cool.

I've added a Spartan to my EDC. It's clipped to the Swisschamp belt clip

15. Spaztic Warrior

Spaztic Warrior

Sep 17, 2013
    I usually carry fixed so it goes on my belt covering my right-front pocket.

16. SoCal_kid

SoCal_kid

Jun 11, 2013
    Right front pocket unless I'm wearing cargos or carpenter pants. Then my primary drops to the lower right pocket. And a traditional in my back left.

17. adc5

adc5

Jun 4, 2013
    Like this, but the knife's an Izula. Quite comfortable.

18. Getahl

Getahl

Dec 22, 2007
    Right front pocket is where you'll find a knife on me. I will alternate between keychain carry and LFP carry for small SAK or LM. I don't like carrying things in the watch pocket of jeans, where it interferes with digging stuff out of the right pocket, although I've found the fifth pocket on slacks, where it is actually in the main pocket, to be awesome for small things. I don't like sheath carry, on account of my muffin top.

19. pilgrimuk

pilgrimuk

Apr 18, 2006
    Pioneer; RFP always, when at work; fixed blade on belt.

20. Magnaminous_G

Magnaminous_G

Jul 13, 2011
    Custom Syph007 SAK in KSF pocket sheaths:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]