1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Where to buy ghost Jade g10

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by hdmc1974, Apr 12, 2016.

1. hdmc1974

hdmc1974

Jun 1, 2015
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm having a hard time finding a source for ghost Jade g10 material for a fixed blade I'm making. I think it is cool looking. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1042 using Tapatalk

2. navman

navman Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
  3. navman

navman Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Also usaknifemaker.com has it in 3/8 inch blocks

4. hdmc1974

hdmc1974

Jun 1, 2015
    Thank you! ill check them out

5. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Filling out your profile might get you some for free. Location, age, occupation, etc. helps with many things. A lot of us bought big sheets of it a while back. I still have enough for ten lifetimes. I don't like working G-10 handles, and haven't built a jig or fixture with it yet.

6. hdmc1974

hdmc1974

Jun 1, 2015
    You got it. It will be updated soon

Sent from my XT1042 using Tapatalk

7. Erin Burke

Erin Burke KnifeMaker...ish

May 19, 2003
    Hahaha!!!
    I still have a flat-rate box or two of that stuff laying around as well. Seemed too good a deal to pass up back then. Now it just makes it so I can't open my door all the way. ;)

[​IMG]

Erin

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  8. hdmc1974

hdmc1974

Jun 1, 2015
    My profile is all updated sir. Thank you very much

9. i4Marc

i4Marc KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2011
  10. Chris Meyer

Chris Meyer

Aug 15, 2005
    For what ever you think it's worth, here are some photos of my experience with Ghost Green G-10. I think you will see why I no longer use this material on knives.

This is a (somewhat crappy) knife I made in 2010 using Ghost Green G10.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the exact same knife, after about two years of sitting on top of my refrigerator. It was never in direct sunlight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, I purchased my G10 from one of the sellers that was recommended to you. Please note that I am not blaming that person for the discoloration. I think that's just what happens to the G10 over time.

11. gavin706

gavin706

Jul 20, 2015
    Is there a reason that these would discolor more noticeably than other G10 colors? Or is it just more noticeable because of how light the color is compared to more common, darker colors of G10?

12. grizzled gizzard

grizzled gizzard

Aug 31, 2010
    Not sure I'm understanding this. Seems like Jade G10 has been around for many years, and doesn't seem to be in short supply.

I've never heard of any G10 changing color, apart from Jade G10 picking up color from the liner material.

What say ye? Is it possible? Is there a reason?

Could this hidden tang be turning color because of the epoxy? I know Acra-Glass is slightly amber, but it's never changed color in my experience.

If anyone still has excess Jade that doesn't change color, I would pay regular price just to help out.

Thanks a bunch for any info!

13. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    that discolouration doesn't look bad to me actualy