1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Where to get a "decent" pyrometer

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Kessik221, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Kessik221

Kessik221

Nov 2, 2016
    Can anyone point me to a pyrometer thats not to pricey? Im looking to spend less than 100$ on it but no idea what i should be looking for. I need it to read to at least 1800 far. Thanks.

2. Kessik221

Kessik221

Nov 2, 2016
    Well, i have a home made coal fed forge and i want to make sure its getting hot enough. Ive done a couple heat treats using color and magnets but i want to make sure. The ones i have seem fine ( ive put my chopper through a few logs) but you never really know until you know, ya know?