Which knives would you pick for WWIII? (If it ever starts)

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Smiling, Jun 19, 2020.

1. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    That’s just sick. I assume your comment was made in jest.

But, it does bring a question to the surface. How would you cook it? It is my understanding that human flesh is very oily.

Remember Louis and Clark? They had dietary issues from eating too much protein and not enough fruits and vegetables. It is my understanding Sacajawea was a big help in changing their diet.

The history books tell us they had an air rifle as part of their provisions. Just a small bit of history trivia.

2. Boombats

Boombats Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Cook it? I don't understand.

GIRLYmann likes this.
  3. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    just a quick reminder to the adventurous.
    the days of cannibalism are over.
    it would be a grave mistake.
    with no free-ranging humans.
    most are highly toxic and diseased :)
    one might as well be dining on sewer cockroaches...

Smiling and Zulus like this.
  4. Zulus

Zulus

May 29, 2020
    Not even Spyderco ??
    Duh ...

GIRLYmann likes this.
  5. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Dude, you have one twisted sense of humor.

But, because of it you probably would make it through WW3 with less mental damage than someone like me.

Smiling likes this.
  6. Smiling

Smiling

Nov 21, 2019
    Sooner or later cannibals suffer from prion disease similar to mad cow disease.

It is called Kuru and it's deadly. You're especially at risk if you eat brain or spine, but since nerves are everywhere, you'll remain at risk anyways. No ammount of cooking can prevent it and there's no cure.

So, not only cannibalism is immoral, but it's also deadly.

sabre cat, GIRLYmann and Chronovore like this.
  7. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    That's at least three posts on cannibalism. @Smiling beat me to it but yes, there are a variety of long-term consequences for that solution. I'll chalk this up to the fantasy fun. The sobering reality is that the buffer between human civilization and widespread annihilation could be only a few weeks. I guess farmers, delivery drivers, grocery workers, etc. really are the unsung heroes of the modern age.

8. Boombats

Boombats Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Well aware of HSE (human spongiform encephalitis) and one of my bands has a song entitled Kuru

Cannibalism is no more immoral than any other form of carnivorousness, but like eating shellfish or pork it's a taboo from the past that we really should abandon if we are to live sustainably

Prion disease is like COVID-19- not as bad as the media wants you to believe. In fact, one is actually the antidote to the other

A.L. likes this.
  9. TinyDog

TinyDog Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    We won't need a knife! We will need prayers

rover, Smiling and TheEdge01 like this.
  10. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

Gilbert G, Smiling and Chronovore like this.
  11. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    So, are you saying that it should be socially acceptable and practiced as part of a normal lifestyle?

12. Zulus

Zulus

May 29, 2020
    Pitchforks Folks, pitchforks !!!

I got four already.
    Old school, European made, cold hammered steel.

Just need to be mounted, again ...

13. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    Don’t forget the torches.

Zulus likes this.
  14. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :eek: My first concern would be to fashion a lead lined codpiece ! :cool::thumbsup:

:confused: Nads hate rads . o_O

Boombats likes this.
  15. Zulus

Zulus

May 29, 2020
    Looks you catch my wave :^D

16. Irishgreenman

Irishgreenman

Sep 25, 2020
    Human history should've taught us that large scale war is a never ending cycle. There will be a WW111 and we will likely see it. I would want something heavy duty with at least decent corrosion resistance as I don't know where I'd get displaced too.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    Albert Einstein

Buster Dawid likes this.
  17. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017

Not sure if your reading of history is entirely accurate. I know it sounds counterintuitive but the trends show war is far less common than in almost all of history.

Military spending generally does not reflect an expectation of massive clashes of nation states going at it.

18. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Ok, blah blah blah, globalization makes mass armed conflict much more unlikely due to interdependent needs of trade. Blah blah blah, small treasure draining skirmishes with long lasting economic and political fallout orchestrated or at least funded/supported by our adversaries in a new version of cold war. Yada Yada yada, we actually live in one of the most peaceful periods in history.

Coin toss: Samatchet or shark-exploding ballistic knife. And Frank's red-hot on my people burgers please.

Irishgreenman likes this.
  19. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017

There is one thing we can rely on as fact, the folks manufacturing and dealing weapons won't pick sides and the people organising it all will never be exposed to to any form of discomfort or violence.

Buster Dawid likes this.
  20. RoyalHolic

RoyalHolic Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2019
    The only answer folks.

[​IMG]

Steve Ryan Cockroach Tanto

Houlahound likes this.