Which knives would you pick for WWIII? (If it ever starts)

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Smiling, Jun 19, 2020.

1. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Tell that to the tens of millions that been slaughtered across Africa and the Middle East and Asia. The killing continues even when you can’t be bothered to count them.

n2s

2. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    Nobody said killing has stopped, do so me research on the actual data.

The world has been increasing in peace not withstanding fluctuations eg Syria etc. A have human living today has a great chance of not getting killed in a war. That does not mean all people are safer. Some clearly aren't, most are.

Them's the fact bro.

3. Owen K.

Owen K. Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2016
    [​IMG]
    For the amount of times I've used this picture, I should probably just buy one.

4. Phillip Fitzpatrick

Phillip Fitzpatrick

Jun 30, 2020
    I reckon the beans would be a hot commodity - you'd need something to thwart the attempts of others relieving them from you

5. navman

navman Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Same knife/knives I have taken to War in the past...Solid folder (Emerson SOC-FK/Spyderco Endura) and a multitool.

6. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Agreed, I've posted it frequently myself.

I'm preparing for more insanity as we speak. Buying more gun stuff.

I don't like to think about a true apocalypse in that I have many medical needs including being diabetic.

However, if these looters come to my neighborhood, they'll be leaving in an ambulance or the coroner's wagon. I may live in Chicagoland, but I was born a Texan, and raised like a Texas. Don't mess with my stuff or my family.

If I was 20 something and healthy, and forced to flee, I'd have a backpack full of water, my Steyr M9-A1, Sig Sauer P365 SAS, and Beretta PX4.40 strapped to me, with extra mags in cargo pockets, ammo also in the bag. Strapped to my bag would be my Becker BK5 and a Leatherman wave in one of the outer pockets. My M1 Carbine would be slung over my back with 4 30 round mags strapped to my chest. Lighter fuel and a lighter, plus waterproof matches.

DangerZone98, Owen K. and bigsurbob like this.
  7. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    I had a first gen Endura in my pocket every day during Desert Shield/Storm. Great knife that never let me down. :thumbsup:

8. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    SAK to open the wine bottles and slice the cheese and sausage. Plus a H&K MR223A3.

cbach8tw likes this.
  9. Smaug

Smaug Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 30, 2003
    The 1st and 4th ones have links.

10. Owen K.

Owen K. Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2016
    ...and crossed bandoleers of insulin shots and sugar tablet tubes. :D I'd run if I saw a guy wearing all that during an apocalypse.

11. K.O.D.

K.O.D. Sanity Not Included Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Lol yeah. If I run out of ammo I'll stab them with insulin! Talk about a bad way to go!

12. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    ESEE 3 or 4, and a SA knife. Compact and useful, very doubtful if you will need it for actual close quarter combat. if worried about losing things, get something easily replaced, like an Opinel and a Mora.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  13. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    [​IMG]

Currawong and cbach8tw like this.
  14. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Naw, just need a knife to open the bag the coffee comes in!!

15. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    The End May Be Nearer: Doomsday Clock Moves Within 100 Seconds Of Midnight
    January 23, 20206:44 PM ET
    [​IMG]
    DAVID WELNA

Twitter
    [​IMG]

The Doomsday Clock reads 100 seconds to midnight, a decision made by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists that was announced Thursday. The clock is intended to represent the danger of global catastrophe.

16. Pharmagator

Pharmagator Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 17, 2010
    if WWIII is against Zombies... then I will get this:
    RMKZKZ_04.jpg

17. Knifelvr97

Knifelvr97

Aug 18, 2020
    I would pick my well trusted Cold Steel SRK with VG1 steel. Razorsharp, light and pretty much indestructible. Great knife!

18. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2020
    The same knives that I carry now. Hopefully my DEK1 will be here before it starts. My multi-tool is not in the photo. The Steel Warrior is a loner in case someone needs to borrow it, but it is one of the better ones that was RC tested.

EDC Knives-1a.jpg

Smaug likes this.
  19. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Doesn't Day light savings time affect the clock? :D

20. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    Realistically, if we’re talking about what you could carry on your person for a sustained amount of time, you can take a long gun, a sidearm, a 7-9” fixed blade, and a smaller fixed blade or folder. That’s on top of your other survival gear. It would be tempting to drop the rifle or shotgun to cut on weight, but you’re gonna miss it bad when you finally need it.

Not a gun owner yet, but I’d be plenty happy with a Mini-14 and a 1911. Six mags for the former, ten for the latter. Recon Tanto and the Izula for my pair of knives.