1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Cisco Kid, May 2, 2013.

1. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford

May 3, 2013
    Thanks man.
    Doesn’t look too bad. Not a bad way to spend a morning and a few hundred bucks.

Jpd0144 likes this.
  2. rjwiggall

rjwiggall Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2014
    This was my first seconds sale, and it was awesome. I got to see both the start and end of the sale, and it was pretty crazy both times I was there. It is just a one day sale.

It’s amazingly busy in the morning, with people camping out overnight (and a few crazy people camped for multiple days). We didn’t camp out, but got in line at 4:00am for the 8am opening. I was the 83rd person in line.

Got in reasonably quickly (they let 50 or 60 people in at a time and then trickle people in as others leave), was there for a little over and hour, and then headed back to my buddies house. Then about an hour before the sale ended I got the wild hair to go back.

There are some exclusives that they say only the first few people get, but when you look at my haul, I got good stuff both times (and I passed on a TON of stuff I wanted).

Here’s what I picked up the first part of the day:
    - Mantra 2 (not a 2nd, an overrun and I paid more for it than anything else)
    - Fluted titanium Native
    - Damascus Delica
    - BD1 Manix 2
    - Friction folder

And the 2nd part of the day:
    - Advocate
    - Rex Pm2
    - Delica V-toku2 / Sus410

So I think I did good both times. Hope that answered all your questions.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    toxophilus and Jpd0144 like this.
  3. ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

Dec 13, 2017
    Just out of curiosity, what did the Para 3 sell for?

4. rjwiggall

May 25, 2014
    Not to answer for him (but I’m gonna :) ), those went for $60.

toxophilus and ucfgrad93 like this.
  5. ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

Dec 13, 2017
    Thanks for sharing. Great deal if you don't mind the discoloration of the blade.

6. rjwiggall

May 25, 2014
    If you’re talking about the square that’s lighter towards the middle in his blade, I’m pretty sure that’s just sticker residue. With most of the 2nds I picked up I couldn’t even determine the reason it was a second.

toxophilus likes this.
  7. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford

May 3, 2013
    Awesome man. Thanks.
    If I can ask one more question.
    How is it generally organized?
    From watching the video it looks cafeteria style. Enter left, exit right kinda deal?
    In each box, is it all the same model?
    Or is it just a jumble?
    That’s more like 3 questions.

Thanks

8. rjwiggall

May 25, 2014
    No problem.

It’s not really organized as far as start here end there. You slide in where you can and it’s “easiest” to just follow the flow from there. But you can jump from spot to spot as you eye things and it’s all generally accepted. When you have a basket full of knives they have space for you to sort through what you have and send back what you don’t want, so it’s really a “grab what looks cool and sort it out later” situation.

No, each box isn’t the same, but some are. There were trays of all the same mode and there were trays with multiple models in them. I think they tried to have them organized at the start, but as people pick things up it gets jumbled. And they add inventory all day long, so that makes it more of a treasure hunt as well.

9. RipD

RipD Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Sounds a little like the Kershaw (KAI) annual sale. Bins of stuff that just get all mixed up as people sort sort through them. Guessing Spydero event is smaller and little more civilized.

10. Rusty_shackelford

Rusty_shackelford

May 3, 2013
    Ahhh
    Gotcha.
    Sounds great. I love a good treasure hunt/flea market/garage sale. I’d be like a kid in a candy store.
    Appreciate the info. I’ll put it my list of things to do. Looks like it’d be a good time.

toxophilus likes this.
  11. toxophilus

toxophilus Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2015
  12. ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

Dec 13, 2017
    True, but the Spyderco logo looks like it was rubbed out as well. Maybe it was just the lighting or something.

Look at post #11332 compared to post #11340, there is something that is different between the two logos.

13. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    The Stretch is out!

toxophilus likes this.
  14. Filoso

Filoso

Dec 22, 2013
    Kapara :D
    [​IMG]

15. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    36F3D133-3EF9-4C47-972B-171BEFCE619E.jpeg

Aryan29, willywall, anycal and 3 others like this.
  16. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    A1AC3411-060B-4692-8D06-FF80C2626E58.jpeg Just loving this version :thumbsup:

dc50, Aryan29, willywall and 4 others like this.
  17. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Liking that slender blade shape!

Filoso likes this.
  18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    1C381DA3-F4D1-436F-ACF8-E86CCB2493E0.jpeg

dc50, Aryan29, willywall and 7 others like this.
  19. civtamayo

civtamayo

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

20. civtamayo

civtamayo

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]