1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Cisco Kid, May 2, 2013.

1. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Bradley Bowie on log duty.
    [​IMG]

2. willywall

willywall

Jun 21, 2016
    Kind of rediscovered my Para 3 S110 with aftermarket orange scales. Its been in my pocket a lot lately, mainly because the new Para 3 lightweight is calling me
    [​IMG]

3. Filoso

Filoso Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 22, 2013
  4. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
  5. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Last nights left overs. Todays breakfast.

[​IMG]

6. atony

atony Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2008
  7. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
  8. Colorodo

May 23, 2014
    20D8441E-9ACC-41C2-817E-498723733D65.jpeg Ti in the front pocket.
    Jade in my back pocket.

9. mitch13

mitch13

Nov 3, 2004
    Mate,
    Some mongrel has knifed your car:eek:
    Outrageous, you better confiscate it:D
    Good pic:thumbsup:
    Mitch

PeaceInOurTime likes this.
  10. DCFree

DCFree Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2019
    Say hello to my Lil’ Native. [​IMG]

11. PeaceInOurTime

PeaceInOurTime

Mar 20, 2019
    Hey, so long as they're leaving high quality knives stuck in my truck, I'm almost ok with it!

mitch13 likes this.
  12. mitch13

mitch13

Nov 3, 2004
    This 1 after lunch
    [​IMG]

13. Spydergirl88

Spydergirl88

Dec 3, 2015
    [​IMG]

TheFactor, Filoso, willywall and 3 others like this.
  14. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    After carrying a couple of vintage Kershaws for the past few days, I decided to "upgrade" and carry a Vallaton Sub-hilt today.

I really like the design/style of this knife and also like the shape/heft of the handle and knife in general. Its a little bulky/long in the pocket but feels well balanced and very natural in my hand.

The straight blade/handle design is similar to what you'd find on a Gayle Bradley or Bob Terzoula knife, which I like. The blade stops also function like thumbstuds and I find it easier to use the stop than the SpydieHole to open the blade. Also, as is common w/Taichung made Spydies, you can gravity open the knife by wrist flicking it in a downward (but not sideways) motion, which is also something I like even though it is simpler to just open the blade w/the bladestop or Spydiehole combined w/a light wristflick instead.

It's probably a bit too large to be considered a "gentleman's folder" but it's certainly in that class in terms of it's appearance. I read of one member's complaints about the balance/weight of Lil Sub-hilt and I can see where its small size could be a problem but I have absolutely no such complaints about the full sized model.

Just wish I could legally carry the D/A version that I also own, not that anyone would know that it's an auto unless they already knew or if I told/showed them that it was. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  15. Colorodo

May 23, 2014
  16. kjd2121

kjd2121

Jun 17, 2008
  17. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Fished yesterday, got home and had some pretty strong storms come through the area. I was sitting in the garage having a few cold ones and snapped some of my primary fishing EDC in the driveway after it stopped pouring.

[​IMG]Untitled by Caleb Bender, on Flickr

18. kjd2121

kjd2121

Jun 17, 2008
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  19. Trvrdgr1234

Trvrdgr1234

Apr 29, 2019
    What is this??
    Thanks

20. Trvrdgr1234

Trvrdgr1234

Apr 29, 2019
    My manix helped me remove a deep splinter from my 3 year olds hand today.... and my newest spydie was waiting to jump in in my back pocket

[​IMG]