Which would you take?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Moosez45, Feb 2, 2012.

Which would you choose?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2012.
  1. Roll stamped, Flat Paint (use it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Laswer etched, Textured Paint (use it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Roll Stamped, Flat Paint (collect it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Laser etched, Textured Paint (collect it)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hunter Sharp

Hunter Sharp

Feb 9, 2011
    I have stripped some of the Ontario Gen-II knives and after a while the etching came off but that's not to say that the Becker line will do the same.

2. Hunter Sharp

Hunter Sharp

Feb 9, 2011
    Don't get me wrong I'm still Gunna order the heack outa the new line. I don't care what it looks like as long as it says Becker its all good in my hood :D

3. instructed2

instructed2

Oct 11, 2011
    I will be beating the crap out of my blades no matter what kind of coating they have, so I will go for the laser etched/textured blade as the coatings should look much better.

4. NixKustoms

NixKustoms Sheath and Knife Maker

Dec 30, 2010
    I'd use the hell out of 'em regardless, but I think it would be pretty pimpin' cool to have a Short that was roll stamped. :)

5. dcbowtecher

dcbowtecher

Jan 21, 2010
    Moosez.....

BECKER .... or .... PECKER.... I beat the Hell out of Either ONE!!!!

Damnit.... What's on the Menu???

6. Level headed

Level headed

Jan 11, 2012
    i think the laser etching is a nice edition. but I will say that i don't like the fact that the logo can come off the knife.

7. redmech

redmech

Feb 22, 2011
    As much as I like using my knives, I already have two Kabar's that are on the do not use list. One is a WW2 vintage USN Kabar, and the other is a new in box Kabar USA Warthog. I do have a new Kabar USN fighting knife and the same model in the D2 that are my users. On the lookout for a used USA Warthog to be a user. My Kabar LE BK10 is a user, thought about buying one to be a safe queen, but hey, I really like my BK2 a bit better for woods use. But if I did have a roll stamped BK16 I would most likely store it, for 60-65 bucks, buy another one to be a user. I feel like I should be wearing my foil hat as I reveal these deep dark secrets about me......please don't judge me on my safe queens.

8. redmech

redmech

Feb 22, 2011
    The laser etching is cool, but as a mechanic for a living I've seen alot of laser etched sockets, that don't exactly hold up for the life of the socket (etching that is). On a knife they seem to hold up though.

9. rokclmb

rokclmb

May 21, 2011
    I like the smooth/flat finish of the current/older models. However the new textured coating won't keep me from buying the newer models. As far as the branding, it's six on and half dozen the other, I've got no preference.

Although the questions was "Which would you take?" not "Which would you buy?" so I'd be willing to take whatever someone is willing to give.

10. trailbum

trailbum Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I like the new coating. Looks like a more durable finish. Classy.