White River Knucklehead Kydex Retention

Discussion in 'White River Knives' started by Deinos, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Just got my new WR Knucklehead in the mail today. Really happy with the overall feel/ergonomics and it came crazy sharp out of the box; however, when I went to place it in the kydex sheath, there was a lot of give in the rear of the sheath and there wasn't nearly the same amount of retention as I have had in my Candiru, BK24, or Brous SS factory sheaths. Is this normal? Should I be worried about retention during high activity? etc?

Thanks in advance. I noticed there hasn't been a ton of activity on this part of the forum, but figured this was the best place to find another knucklehead (user) :D.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. wrcb

wrcb White River Knives Moderator

Aug 3, 2012
    Hello Deinos. We do our best to match the knife up with a great fitting sheath. We did recently re-design the knucklehead sheath and have increased the retention slightly. Here is a photo of the new version. If you are not happy with your sheath and would like a replacement please contact us directly via email at info (at) thewhiteriver (dot) com for further information.

Knuck-Sheath.jpg

3. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. I actually got in touch with customer service shortly after this post, and they hooked me up with a new sheath.

Amazing knife at a great price point. Shocked how much I like the chisel grind, which I was a little reticent about before purchase. Will definitely be buying more White River products in the future given the quality and customer service. You guys definitely have a lot to be proud of. Keep up the good work!

madcap_magician, 115Italian and wrcb like this.
  4. 115Italian

115Italian

Nov 13, 2015
    I noticed the same thing. It was an easy fix. I used hardware similar to what is used to attach the sheath belt loop, just smaller. Drilled a hole in the sheath and through the side of the pocket clip that lays aginst the sheath. Problem solved.
    [​IMG]
    The new knucklehead sheath looks good. I love how White River seems to be constantly improving their products.

Deinos likes this.