1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Who’s hooked on traditional lockbacks

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Sharp & Fiery, Aug 10, 2019.

1. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Some of my GEC lockbacks, #72s and #99s.

#72 Cody Scout Burnt Stag
    [​IMG]

#72 Mini-Hunter Red Stag
    [​IMG]

#99 Wall Street American Chestnut
    [​IMG]

#99 Wall Street Burnt Orange Spring Field Bone
    [​IMG]

2. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Boker

[​IMG]

Frost Cutlery

[​IMG]

Lockback Lannys Clip (carbon fibre one)

[​IMG]

Seizo Imai Blackjack folding Mamba

[​IMG]

- if the last one is not considered traditional, let me know and I'll remove

3. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    I love them. Might own a few ;). Here's a couple that were just laying around on my work computer.
    20190709_070848 sized 25.jpg
    Boker Scout Cronidur 30

20190717_082440 sized 25.jpg
    Solingen-made Kershaw 4932 Rhinelander

4. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    Oh my goodness @black mamba !!
    I gotta get one of those #99 wall street american walnut! That is beautiful!

neal70 likes this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The only lockback I currently own...
    It's a cheap Boker but it's actually a pretty good little knife.
    [​IMG]

6. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank you, Sharp & Fiery, but it's chestnut, not walnut. They also made the larger #42 Missouri Trader in chestnut.

[​IMG]

7. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    Oops! @black mamba, wish i could blame autocorrect...but alas. I cant. If you ever feel the need to rid your collection of that beauty...;)

8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Hooked? This one is :D GEC 83 in Purple Sage Bone a wonderful compact Lockback

I've always liked Lockbacks and think of them as clever and very traditional (over 120 years) I don't go along with the anti lock school of thought, "you don't need any lock if you use a slip joint properly, or a friction folder is just as safe "bla bla. Uh uh. ;) I remember cutting thick plastic on a container in cold weather, tricky as the plastic kept grabbing the blade and no amount of 'proper handling' would've prevented a slip joint from folding on you :eek: And as say, they are a knife that can show off superior workmanship, my Moki knives look almost like a fixed blade so tight are the tolerances. Lockbacks are easy to open in cold and wet and that's not a bad thing at all. Lock On!

[​IMG]

9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Locking Laguiole by Fontenille-Pataud

[​IMG]

Weidmannsheil Germany, in Stag

[​IMG]

10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    You might hook this one Deep Sea Fishing :cool:

MOKI Small Fish Owl, linerless Black Micarta, light as a feather tough as anything!

[​IMG]

11. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    That Weidmannsheil is fantastic! Nice stag and I love the deep blade stamp. Has a real old timey look about it to me.

Will Power and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  12. glocktenman

glocktenman Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Wow! That is one fine looking knife. The jigging and colors are awesome. I think that's jigging....is there another term based upon the style of work done on the bone?

13. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Randy, the jigging is very similar to Winterbottom bone, but GEC always seems to do things just a little differently.

neal70 likes this.
  14. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Thanks very much:thumbsup: Yes, the blade stamp is a great aspect and the stag is fit for purpose here :cool:

Dean51 and neal70 like this.
  15. Sharp & Fiery

May 14, 2012
    My newest lockback! Le “Capricorne”
    EB998769-EF22-41AE-A4A5-E755730A0756.jpeg
    French made custom by Guillaume Ducasse. I am extremely impressed with this lockback.
    Its more of a modern with a traditional flair. Its super thin and laser sharp. Fit and finish is exceptional and it runs on Pb washers.
    All handmade in France. Im super picky, but this one will be sticking around for the long haul.
    Keep ‘em Sharp

16. sXePhenomenal

sXePhenomenal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2018
    You could say I’m hooked on traditional lockbacks E4000382-F467-40CC-973F-A48E68B2A52A.jpeg

17. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
  18. cjtamu

cjtamu Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Couple new ones from the flea market this weekend. Kabar is an 1187, Schrade is 7-OT in carbon steel.
    20190818_191957 sized 30.jpg
    20190818_111231 sized 30.jpg

19. GE Jr

GE Jr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Small Case Copperlock. Someday I'll add to this collection of one...

[​IMG]

20. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Some of my Camillus made Craftsman.

[​IMG]