Who can help modify a sword?

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by Jourel1, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Jourel1

Jourel1

Nov 1, 2015
    I have access to a 30” criswell Strait sword that isn’t in the best condition towards the end. I’d like to know if any one can modify it by shortening it to 20” if it’s possible/ recommended without seriously damaging the structure. I would need a new scabbard made also.

HolyRoller likes this.
  2. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 25, 2014
    10” off is a lot more than a nose job, but it’s a simple thing to do and most of the smiths in Maker forum could grind a new tip into it. A thing to consider is that Criswell isn’t making swords anymore (I could be wrong, working from memory here) and his swords were rising in value. Someone might be willing to buy a sword that needs repair for enough to get you into a 20’’ sword you really want.

scarysamcary likes this.
  3. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Criswell swords were a lot of things, but fragile was not one of them. What happened to the sword?

4. Jourel1

Jourel1

Nov 1, 2015
    I 100% agree, I bought the set of all 3 back in 2001 . 28” , 20”, and 16”. Still razors NOS . This particular one wasn’t taken care of , and doesn’t even have the original kydex scabbard with it. Nothing really wrong with it, it’s hard to damage these, just a thought to kick around.