1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Who is doing knife sharpening?

Discussion in 'Wanted: Knifemaker / Craftsman / Related Services' started by jeffsenpai, Aug 12, 2020.

1. jeffsenpai

jeffsenpai Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2010
    Anyone know who is currently providing knife sharpening services that you can recommend?

I messed up the tip/edge of a knife very badly trying to sharpen it, really need a pro to fix this and right the ship. Don't need a mirror polish or anything, just an edge that doesn't make me hang my head in shame looking at it :oops:

Thanks for any insight.

onekerf likes this.
  2. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The two I can think of atm are @razor-edge-knives @T.L.E. Sharp .

As for the "currently" part, I don't know if Covid has thrown a wrench into their business tho.

razor-edge-knives and onekerf like this.
  3. jeffsenpai

Feb 24, 2010
    Yeah, most of the threads in the services section are a few years old. Just want to see if anyone is still around doing it.

cbach8tw likes this.
  4. Srtr

Srtr

Feb 9, 2016
    pics of the knife to see what kind of damage needs to be repaired?

jeffsenpai likes this.
  5. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Yep photo would help as there are some really great people on here that could help you out but are not in the ‘biz’
    I’d be willing to help but it would be good to see what I am up against first
    G2

jeffsenpai and Dallas T like this.
  6. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    If you intend to be a “knife guy”, you need to learn how to handle that part. Lots of great gear, and plenty of instructional videos available. It’s not rocket science, but it does require some investment of funds and time.

jeffsenpai and ArchVV like this.
  7. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
  8. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    I as well could possibly help ya however would also like to see what ya got. I’m no polish technician but can do a good working edge.

jeffsenpai and Gary W. Graley like this.
  9. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    And yes Josh at razors edge is the probly the best I know at anything knife related.

10. jeffsenpai

Feb 24, 2010
    LOL thank you all for the replies. I think I will just fix it myself. The knife is perfectly sharp and usable, The tip is just no longer aesthetically pleasing. Guess this one is mine forever now!

Gary W. Graley likes this.